iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best stones for a 12 volt Granberg sharpener

Started by Walt, March 25, 2016, 09:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt

I just ordered a new 12 volt bar mount Granberg sharpener and want to buy replacement stones. What are the best stones to use with this, how long do they usually last. I know this sharpening topic is run through a lot so I apologize if its another here we go again topic.  Regards Walt
MS461R, MS290, MS170, Homelite XL, Dirty Hand Tools 27T splitter, Kubota B20 FEL&BH, Timberjack Woodchuck, US Stove Co. 2421 for heat. Too many Wheel Horse Garden Tractors..

joe_indi

You could try what I found to be most economical. Hardware shops sell different kinds of these stones of different grades for different metals (pink gray and white). Get the ones of the same shape as the one you have, which has the same shank size. But ones that are slightly bigger in diameter to the ones you have. Buy a dressing stone. I use a Stihl dressing stone for use with the USG grinder # 5202 893 6000. You can use the dressing stone to grind the stone exactly to the diameter you want.
Joe

old guy

Forget the stones, they wear out in no time get the ezy-lap diamond coated ones, they are cheap and last a long time.

John

Thank You Sponsors!