iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

272 xp Oiler ?

Started by Knute, March 23, 2014, 02:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

The bar on my 272 is not getting nearly enough oil. Do I need to drain the oil tank before removing the pump? Also, the adjustment screw seems to turn freely both ways and moves the plunger back and forth slightly. Is this the way it is supposed to work? This is my first Husky saw so am just learning. Thanks.

Knute

I have the oiler off and cleaned the outside. Does anyone know if the plunger has a plastic or rubber seal or is it all metal? Doesn't seem to be mush to go wrong. Gears look good. Apparently this saw has the same oiler as the 61, 66, 266, and 268.

gnarles

I just ordered parts from http://www.partstree.com/parts/ for my jonsred 630 super.I think they are the same pump judging from the part numbers.
Just type in your make and model and you will see a parts breakdown with part numbers and prices.
My saw used enough oil so I didnt take those parts apart.I just put in a crank seal and o-ring to fix the leak.
Hope this helps.

Knute

Thank you for the information. I took the oiler to dealer today and he replaced a small o-ring which was damaged. Said it may have been sucking air. Also will replace rubber oil line, put it together and see if it works.

Knute

Thank You Sponsors!