iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First review

Started by chet, March 02, 2022, 08:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Until today I had never written a bad review on anyone. But after the last couple of days, I broke. Our local UPS distribution site got an earful from me. This is not a current lack of workforce or covid thing. Over the last few years they have lost my packages, delivered them miles from me, left packages clearly marked do not freeze at my door under a large sign that clearly states to leave in porch. They are only 40 minutes from my house, but there have been times that it will take a week or more to get something from them to me. That is if they don't send it off on a cross county tour, before it comes back to me.
Sorry just had ta vent. Didn't help though, I'm still pithed.  >:(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

newoodguy78

You're not the only one unsatisfied with ups and fedex both. This time of year we have plants coming in almost daily  they're marked all over they can't freeze. Without fail theyre the packages that get left outside on the steps of the store. 
Parts for equipment or anything else they bring right inside to the cashier without fail. 
Frustrating for sure. 

Dave Shepard

Read a story about a guy that worked for UPS nicknamed "53" because he was the only one there that could throw a package of a certain weight all the way to the front of a 53' trailer.  ::) 
I haven't had too much trouble with them, but there's always tomorrow.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

We are lucky here to have very considerate UPS and FedEx delivery folks. The FedEx lady is super pleasant and always has a doggie treat for Sampson when she comes. No issues with the ones here. Sorry we can't clone them and send them your way.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

chet

This is a management problem, both at the local level, and further up that don't correct it. I'm in a unique situation where I get deliveries from two different UPS end shippers. The problem one in Kingsford Michigan, and another just across the border in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. They are as different as night and day, I have never had even the slightest hint of a problem out of Rhinelander.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Nebraska

I have only good things to say about the last two ups drivers we've had.  Great guys a part of the business  family actually. That may seem odd to some but it true they go out of their way to make sure our products get there. 
Sorry  your experience  is not what we have Chet.

21incher

I had a big problem with UPS loosing a package. The manager at our local terminal told me I was lying and it showed as delivered by the driver even though it was never delivered. We argued a while on the phone and she was a very nasty person so I finally hung up. I then called corporate and told them I wanted an apology from her along with they should fire her for the way she talks to customers. Well she never called to apologize for calling me a liar but UPS covered a replacement and apologized for her. My normal driver told me she was nasty to everyone and UPS would do nothing about it because of the color of her skin. Luckily she finally left there. It takes hours on the phone to find someone that cares at UPS when there is a complaint about a location.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

rusticretreater

No problems with UPS or FedEx here in Virginia.  Its usually the same drivers and I have developed a relationship with them.  Based on what they are bringing me, they know to stop at the garage or the porch.  Yeah, FedEx folks have doggie treats too.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Ed_K

I gave up on ups >:( I was getting expensive meds thru them and one day I'm out on the front lawn and they stopped at my neighbor's and started to leave the package on their door step. I yelled down and asked if that was for 36 not 32 and she started giving me a had time. The meds need a person sign for them. I finally walked down there and looked at the package sure enough it was mine. An I got it from her. One time I ordered a drill press from Grizzly and ups dumped it out the back door at the end of the drive ( it's only 300') package was all tore up so I guess he didn't want to get talked to. The press only weighted 67#. So if I have a choice I ask for fed-x they haven't messed up yet.
Ed K

SwampDonkey

Haven't had any trouble here and although we are beside the US boundary line here, that doesn't make us any less remote in the middle of potato fields and woods. :D The last two deliveries here have been Purolator and I know the driver, he used to work for dad. I find that Amazon will use Purolator, UPS and Canada Post. If they use FedEx, the post office makes the final delivery. I've even had great luck with Day and Ross Transport for stuff on pallets. They bring their own pallet lift. And yes, I will find a lot of stuff cheaper than Amazon. And I always check, save a lot of money, even free shipping other places. Trouble with Amazon is it's not always sitting in Canada, so that adds cost. Although they are not upfront about it, you see it in the tracking.

Bernstein in ND always has trouble with Amazon and UPS. Lots of his videos mumbling about it. He is even more remote than me because he is down a dirt road that up here in NB they don't even plow unless someone is logging. Like I would have to contend with up at the woodlot, which by the way had power and houses one time. He's further down a long lane hidden in a grove a woods beyond his gate. Yet his mail service is excellent, I think he knows the post master there.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Wenrich

Fed-Ex is the worst for me.  They can't find my house, back a lane.  They've lost packages, then lied about delivering them to another house.  If I have a choice, I'd take the USPS, as they know where I live, and deliver back my lane.  For bigger items, UPS hasn't been too much of a problem.  We had a week long battle with Amazon finding our place.  They haven't been back since. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

WV Sawmiller

Ron,

Our local postal delivery is a nice your lady and family friend (I even skinned a rattlesnake for her she killed on her route one day) but I mailed a Priority mail Christmas package to our daughter and grandkids in Charlotte NC last December and it took 20+ days to get there and several follow ups from our local post mistress. It is only 200 miles and I could have walked there and back by then. She said she never got a reply to her messages to her counterpart in Charlotte. I don't know if that was a one off occurrence and they were just overloaded for Christmas and they had a temp delivering the first day and could not find our daughter's house which is right on a main delivery route.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

DWyatt

I have heard several people on here talk about the lack of caring from UPS, Fedex, USPS,etc. It must be a branch by branch issue. As long as I can remember growing up, my parents have had the same UPS driver and he is awesome. Dog treats left with any packages, always checks the garage door if no one is home or doesn't answer the door to put packages inside. Now maybe it's because Mom knows his birthday and always bakes his favorite treats, gives him a cookie tray around Christmas that larger than any of the neighbors, or Dad gives him a fresh bottle of honey when he's extracting. Regardless, he's a good guy and he makes a lot of deliveries to their house and they have never had an issue.  I hope you all that have bad luck eventually end up with a guy like my parent's have.

SawyerTed

Fed-ex is our worst one.  Packages left in the middle of the driveway, in the weather etc.  UPS is okay.  Our regular UPS driver retired, we've had two or three different ones in the last couple of years.  UPS seems to follow directions much better than Fed ex.  Fed ex left a 65" screen TV on my front porch, I had to go home and put it inside.  

I had to return a firearm under warranty to one of the largest handgun manufacturers in the United States.  At that time they had a contract with Fed ex.  The customer service person at the handgun mfg. issued a prepaid shipping label and instructed me to take the package to my nearest Fed ex shipping location.  I did.  The lady behind the counter refused the package because it was a firearm and "had the wrong label."   After a call to customer service at the manufacturer and a discussion with a manager in that department.  Fed ex sent a driver to my house and picked up the package, no questions asked.  A few weeks later I went into the same Fed ex center to ship some sawblades to Resharp.  I asked where so and so was.  "Oh she was let go over a shipping problem with a firearms company."   :o :) :o
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

sawguy21

UPS and FedEx have been good here, I had a package from near Denver in 3 days and that included clearing customs. USPS was another story. Between them and Canada Post SIX WEEKS to get a small parcel from Los Angeles. Geesh!
My last employer, a wholesaler, shipped as much as possible by Purolator, a Greyhound subsidiary, as it was the cheapest. One customer in south central BC complained bitterly, it was taking nearly a week to get orders from Vancouver. We investigated and found they were shipping by air to Kelowna then by bus to the the nearest depot thirty miles away. It would have been overnight direct from our warehouse on the hound but our shipper wouldn't budge as he was under orders from our inept manager.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mooleycow

UPS porch pitcher.  Got nowhere talking to him.  Called his supervisor.  Got nowhere again.  The worst was the delivery to another town.  Called UPS national customer service.  Went through what seemed to be 28 minutes of different recordings.  Finally got some one using the name Jack today.  Jack says UPS has a contract with the retailer.  I am to contact the retailer, have the retailer initiate a three- way conversation with UPS before an investigation could be opened.  I filed a complaint with national BBB.  Retailer refunded the first order.  Contacted BBB.  Retailer refunded one half of second order.  Contacted BBB the third time.  Retailer refunded the rest of the order.  Yes, it was a nationally recognized retailer.  Good luck.

chet

Got a response to my review, 'next time please send personal message.'  No other acknowledgement to my complaint.   :(   Customer relations must not be very high on their priority list. 

hedgerow

Its funny I have parts supplies one won't UPS because of problems and one won't FEDEX because of problems. There hub system I will never under stand, parts I order out of Denver Co have to go to west Memphis Tenn to get to Lincoln Ne for FEDEX. UPS is no better it will head four hundred miles in the wrong direction before it heads my way. Never know what time the driver will show up at the house could be nine in the morning or nine at night. Might see the same driver twice a month. Lots of damage and time spend on the phone. Its not like the good old days with same driver and same time. I really like it when UPS will go by my house and take it to town and leave at the post office and then the post office shows up with it in a couple of days. 

Thank You Sponsors!