iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This has been bothering me, I am a Liar...

Started by zinc oxide, November 16, 2020, 08:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinc oxide

... Depending on how you view it. In one of my posts, I use the phrase 'as I am typing this' (might be paraphrasing can't remember)...

I can't type worth a darn. I have been using Dragon dictate™ software for years. The places that I typically posted... This fact Would have been twisted to avoid the discussion.  The words are mine, (ESPECIALLY the 'wrong' ones) and I only revealed this in one other place. Norwood saw mill forums. I was but a little fish there, I'm like plankton here.

My posts tend to be quite long-winded, and my sense of humor is questionable, But I feel I have good intentions. 

This place IS the library at Alexandria for all things wood, (and many, many, things I never even heard of, LOL) in my estimation. The collected works of both the living and dead are awe-inspiring to say the least.

It is a great privilege and honor to be able to post here, And....

"If these collected works help just one ______, then our combined efforts will have been worth it"

Of Course, NONE of this would have been possible without the vision of jeff and his wife, A big thank you to you both!

It's a long story, but the poem below was found by me  attached to a roof slate at the local dump many years ago.

Desiderata
GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
By Max Ehrmann © 1927
Original text

Words i try to live by, Willy

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

doc henderson

may God continue to look after and bless us all.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!