iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Sun?? What's that?? I hope I can report back tomorrow and tell you what that is.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

For all my FF friends in New England.
QuoteTemp in NC today was 68° but with 2 mph wind chill was 67°
nice to drive around with the windows open.
I got a lot of flack for posting that on my facebook page, yesterday.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Al_Smith

Periodically just for curiosity I check the temperatures around the world .It's been right about freezing here 32 degrees with a dip into 20's at night ..It was the same in northern  Maine and  south Alaska .It was however 19 below at Antarctica .I would have thought it was summer down there but I suppose that's warmer than 60 below .

Tacotodd

It finally got below freezing last night, 30 degrees. My blood thinners made it feel COLD! BRRR! Oh well, it could have been worse for me, I could be living north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Then it gets progressively colder, and into Canada, or even worse Alaska, YIKES.

Didn't used to bother me as much when I was MUCH younger but that was so long ago (for me). I feel for you guys, but I feel like I'm just being a whiny little brat now! 
Trying harder everyday.

Al_Smith

I lost all fondness for  cold weather decades ago .A few of  the winter months in a warmer climate is looking a lot better the older I get .Although I must admit hanging right at freezing is lot better than 10 below zero .I have seen 22-23 below in Ohio but that was very rare and for a short period of time .Zero was not out of the ordinary  starting about this time of the year .When I worked outside construction people thought I was large enough to play half the front line of an NFL team all by myself .That becomes a problem if you drink a lot of of coffee due to the fact it's just like beer .You can only rent it .

sawguy21

4C and raining at 6:30 this morning, this is very unusual but we know we will get nailed
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

I had to shift up today .Went from burning badly degraded ash with hickory over night .It was in the middle 20's at 6 AM this morning .Now I have a trailer full of popcorn dry white  oak on the ready .Nothing I know of beats white oak except Osage orange (hedge )

SwampDonkey

We do have a 2021 thread. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!