iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weiler Forestry Equipment

Started by Riwaka, August 25, 2022, 10:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riwaka

Weiler F848 Forwarder 8x8 - weighs 51K lbs and payload of 44K lbs 13 mph - higher speed. Could be a Palfinger crane.

https://www.weilerforestry.com/equipment/forwarder/f848/

Southside

I wonder what that bad boy costs.  Can I get it with the optional sharks with laser beams on their heads?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Firewoodjoe

I wondered when they would come out with a forwarder. They basically took cats forestry equipment I'm guessing. It's resigned but they have a nice looking track harvester. Like the cat 501 or fabteks. But that forwarder I'm not sure about. Visibility looks horrible from the outside. 

Firewoodjoe

I see the local cat dealer just put a weiler grapple Skidder out front on display! I bet some harvesters will be around here before long. 

Riwaka

ehp

they are to come out with a smaller grapple skidder fairly soon , have no idea on the price

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on August 26, 2022, 11:46:32 AM
 Visibility looks horrible from the outside.
Joe that's the first thing I thought as well.  Looks as bad for forward visibility as an old 540 A cable skidder with the high front end.      Must just look that way though. Must be different from inside.   They wouldn't engineer something with that big a flaw now would they?
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

quilbilly

Quote from: ehp on October 08, 2022, 06:33:22 AM
they are to come out with a smaller grapple skidder fairly soon , have no idea on the price
How much are the current skidders? I read somewhere that they were on the cheaper end but haven't seen anything to prove it. Tigercat, then Deere is Weiler close to Deere or definitely lower?
a man is strongest on his knees

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: Riwaka on October 08, 2022, 05:35:00 AM
Weiler H157 with a fixed processor.

Update Your Browser | Facebook
I like what I see in them. Not sure about the cat engine though. 

Riwaka

timbco68

Believe it or not, around here Deere is more expensive than Tigercat. I priced skidders last year and was surprised that a new Tigercat 620 is cheaper than a 648L2

GuideGun

Quote from: Riwaka on October 08, 2022, 05:35:00 AM
Weiler H157 with a fixed processor.

Update Your Browser | Facebook
Jon cuts for the forestry company I used to work for. He had some problems with that 157 and Weiler ended up taking it back. He ended up with a Weiler 457 and Waratah 623 instead. 

Riwaka

Firewoodjoe

Thank You Sponsors!