iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

non smoking

Started by EZ, May 08, 2012, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

7 years ago Mrs EZ and I quit smoking. I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still non smokers and glad of it.
EZ

Roger2561

Quote from: EZ on May 08, 2012, 11:56:05 AM
7 years ago Mrs EZ and I quit smoking. I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still non smokers and glad of it.
EZ

Congrats!  The hardest thing I ever did was quit smoking, that was 20 years ago.  A 2 and 1/2 pack/day habit.  Imagine the money you saved not smoking.  What's a brand name pack of cigarettes go for today?
Roger

Chuck White

Quote from: Roger2561 on May 08, 2012, 12:25:21 PM
Congrats!  The hardest thing I ever did was quit smoking, that was 20 years ago.  A 2 and 1/2 pack/day habit.  Imagine the money you saved not smoking.  What's a brand name pack of cigarettes go for today?

Around here, "name brands" go for around $10.00/pk, that's $.50 per light-up!

I was done with them way back in '77.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 50th birthday....by quitting.  And now celebrating the rest of your birthdays by staying quit.  Congratulations to BOTH of you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patty

EZ, I remember the day you and Mrs. EZ (the one who looks like Margot Hemmingway when she wears her teeth) quit smoking.

Congratulations both of you!!!

8) 8) 8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

thecfarm

All done with those nasty things.now I take that money and buy tractors and sawmills.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roger2561

Quote from: EZ on May 08, 2012, 11:56:05 AM
EZ

Do you ever get the crave for a smoke?  I will on occasion.  But a large glass of water or orange juice takes care of that problem and if that doesn't work I go for a power walk or run. 
Roger

EZ

My birthday present this year was a Harley Davidson and the Mrs birthday present was an Elvis impersonator, thats how much money you can save when you dont smoke.
EZ

bandmiller2

Quit cigars after 50 years,just got fed up with the price.I say quit but special occasions I'll have one kinda takes the terror out of it if you can have one if you really want it.I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, quess you can't do that with them. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

barbender

Congrats on that EZ! Cigarettes have to be one of the hardest things to kick, judging by how many people struggle with it. I chewed snuff for many years, I finally kicked that about 15 years ago, I was afraid my teeth would fall out and I'd never find me a wife :) Got rid of the booze and drugs 13 years ago, folks say I got "religion", now I am a happy married man with 5 kids, and I'm only missing one tooth ;D That was from falling through my floor joists when I was putting the subfloor on, clumsy is something I've never been able to get rid of ::) Anyways, glad to hear of your success in this, look at folks around you your age that are still smoking and you'll feel better about your choice all the time.
Too many irons in the fire

DoubleD

Congratulation to both of you. I quit 3 years and 8 months ago feeling better everyday  8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Woodhauler

I smoked 2-3 packs a day. Started when i was 14 . Quit after 21 years of it! Did this in 1998 and never looked back! I was in elizabeth west virgina  logging that spring and quit 2 days before i came home! That was in may 1998. Took my wife and kids 2-3 days to realize that i had given up smoking!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

barbender

Awesome Woodhauler!
Too many irons in the fire

Bogue Chitto

Thank You Sponsors!