iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got My Ducks In A Row

Started by Norm, June 02, 2004, 08:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Well not really the little guys wouldn't stop scampering around. :D

These are egg laying ducks, I got khaki campbells and indian runners.

Haytrader

Norm,

Looks like you have knoledgable ducks.
Running around reading the newspaper.

:D  :D
Haytrader

iain

we used to have runners on the farm years ago i like the way they lean forward to go faster :)

Norm

I've got em studing the wall street journal, can't do any worse than me. :D

Like any baby they wear out fast.

SwampDonkey

Duckies are cute as babies, then when they grown up the yard is full of the squishies. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Swede

15 years ago there was an old man and his wife I used to wisit now and then.  Their kitchen wasn´t like your or mine........so to say.  I didn´t eat or drink anything there exept the coffee, because I could hear it boiling.
On a bench there was two big bird cages, one for small chickens and one for very small. All over their yard there was hens, ducks gees and rabbits going. No fabric meat there!

I never tryed to find out evrything you could find in that kitchen. At the table where we sat and talked there was a big glass bulb with wires and other things, also some eggs. We had an intense debate and I looked at the bulb thinking about why it was there. Suddenly he became silent and in the same moment I saw an egg moving inside the bulb. I also  understood what the bulb was good for and that it was not the right time for rowdy talking.
I don´t know if I´ve seen such a gentle expression later. He just sat there smiling. :)

Norm,  Congratulations to the "delivery"! :)  

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Mark M

Good thing you aren't in Florida Norm, those guys would be voting this fall. ;)

Swede

I belive people use to vote FOR them guys.................::)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)

Patty

You know Swede, the world would be a better place if we could vote them  into office. Not only are they cuter than any politician I've ever seen, they have more sense.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

iain

there also straighter then most which says alot for the quality of politicians any where :(

Stan

Looks like you have them in a pile, not a row.  :D
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

etat

My wife bought home a duck one time that had one a them top knots on top of his head.  He ran with our geese.  We named him 'disco'.  I kinda miss that ole duck.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SwampDonkey

:D :D ;D ;D

cktate's ugly duckling. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

Gotta disagree with you Swamp. :)  That lone duck with that topknot on his head named 'Disco'  would really make you laugh what with him following and keeping up with them geese!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Patty

Ducks are a real hoot. We hatched several in an incubator when the boys were little. They would follow our youngest boy all over the farm; it was so cute...there goes Brett and behind him in a row were the little ducklings.
When it rains the ducks love to slurp up the worms...just like eatin' spaghetti. And then there is the sex at the water hole, but since this is a family forum, I won't go into the description of that. :o

Today our little ducks go outside to their new pen. They are such slobs, that I just have to get them out of the garage. I bought chainlink fence panals to keep them safe from the owls and other critters who think they are tastey, and plan to put a dog house inside to give them shelter. It'll do until we have time to build them a real house.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

SwampDonkey

8)  Never had no water near enough for waterfowl. But at uncle's he raised geese. That old gander would take at ya and hiss like a snake if ya got too close to the babies. There was a spring hole several yards from the barn that they would all go to during the heat of the day, following along the old cow paths. In the evening back they would come and stay in the hey shed at night. One day a dog killed one of the adults and the other went back over the hill behind the barn and took flight a few days later, never to return. It likely didn't survive of course.

cktate: Musta been slippin in the goose pooo :D

Got my geese in a row Norm ;D

After dodging goose pooo all winter along the walkways, I can't say that one goosey didn't end up on the camp menu. :D

Patty

The messes that geese make will put a herd of cattle to shame. It is amazing that one little goose can produce so much!  :o
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

Peep peep peep, was going through my mind as I entered the hardware store today. hmm, I thought. I looked and looked. I didn't know they sold pet birds in here. Walked around to the isle where they had saw accessories and kept hearing that peep peep. I walk over to the counter to ask about them super inflated, over priced lock knots (from another thread) and still here a peep peep. I look down and there's a grocery bag inside a box with a feeder and water in there and 12 baby chicks. Peep peep peep. :D :D I said to the guy at the counter," I thought I heard some peep'n" and all I got was a 'yup' and when I saw the price of that lock nut I said 'nope'. ;D :D :D

Tom

NAPA sold me "a" crown nut for $5 in an emergency one time.  They'll never do it again.  I don't shop in there anymore unless it's life or death.  Yessir, lost a customer.  I'm not shopping anywhere that has 5 or 6 price lists on the computer and no markings on the part. >:(

Swede

Tom!

THAT make me raging! >:( .............when I can´t read the price anywhere. In the nearest ICA shop I´ve tell them some times I wanted to buy coffe or other expensive things......... ".........but I go to Lessebo and buy it there and I´ll go there and buy everything next week!!!!!!!!!!! And if I´m on that temper when I´m at home again YOUR picture are in the newspaper tomorrow!!!!  I NEVER buy anything if I can´t read the price anywhere and You know it!!!" " >:( >:( >:(
 I say it so everyone in the shop can hear but its the only shop in Hovmantorp so.............. :(´  I feel better after coming out from there. ;D

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

Yer a regular raving lunatic, ain't ya, Swede.  ;) ;) :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

:D ;)

Swede!!

Don't forget the high blood pressure pills before the next trip to town. ;) ;D

Swede

Swampy; I don´t use them blood presure pills, going low I just go into one of them shops not marking their stuff. One kick a year is enough to hold my circulation normal.

Fla._D......; I´m a very self-possessed and kind person but there IS ways making  me upset. Beside that I think it´s more important I feel good than that DanG not-marking-man in the grocery store are feeling good. ;D

Last time I get my hair cut the barber didn´t want to cut that short I want it. I told him I´m a very kind person and realy need to LOOK a little more aggressive! "-So please cut that 1/2" short or I have to come in here again this afternoon!"  8)

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

:o :o :o  What a MUG shot. Is that the Swede ??? ;D ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

etat

Holy Moly, a real live picture of SWEDE!!! :)  Cool!!! :)

Thank You Sponsors!