iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Turkey!

Started by wesdor, January 08, 2021, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

No this is not a political post. LOL

We have a flock of turkeys in our timber and started feeding them cracked corn 2 days ago.  They got to the house this morning before I put out food, but once they left I put it out for them.  As I stood in the window of our sun porch I saw them at least 200 yards out in the field.  Not sure if they saw me or could detect the corn, but they came running at a sustained speed that I had never seen for such a long distance.  Only 6 of them came in, but they fed for nearly an hour.  My wife and I are pretty much staying at home (today is # 308 ) and the wildlife gives us a lot of entertainment.

I imagine they will be back tomorrow to check if their "staff" has put out the expected feed.

Chuck White

If they're not in sight when you go out to feed them, shake the bucket and they WILL come!

You might attract deer also!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom King

Fish will do the same thing.  I know a guy here that goes out on his dock, every morning, and tosses dog food in the water.  The fish start rolling the surface when they hear his feet hit the dock.

Tom King

That reminds me of another story.  We were at a Chistmas party, some years ago, and there was a guy there cooking bacon wrapped Duck on the grill, that was Really good.  I asked him when he shot the ducks, and he said this morning.  I asked him how many he got, and it's been long enough ago that I've forgotten the answer, but it seemed like a lot.

I asked him how long it took to shoot that many, and he said about 15 minutes.  I asked him what gun he was using, and he said a pellet gun.

I asked him how in the World was he able to shoot that many ducks, that fast, with a pellet gun, and he said it was easy.   "All you have to do is go out in the lake, and stop the boat.  Any other gun scares them away."

Wudman

Quote from: Tom King on January 08, 2021, 02:52:08 PM
Fish will do the same thing.  I know a guy here that goes out on his dock, every morning, and tosses dog food in the water.  The fish start rolling the surface when they hear his feet hit the dock.
I had a landlord years ago that fed the fish in his pond.  They would start boiling the water when he drove up.  To top things off, a Great Blue Heron had learned the routine.  When the pick-up drove across the pasture, the heron would fly in and take up his position to get lunch as well.
Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Thank You Sponsors!