iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Isn't she a beauty

Started by WoodSmith, October 21, 2004, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodSmith

The tree dudes! :D
Redwood in Southern Oregon west side of the coast range near the Oregon / California border.
Ha wipe that drull ofen yur lips ;D
Tree huggers my eye Id' love to cut into something like that.

EZ

Wow if she could only talk, I'm talking about the tree. ;D
Thats one of my dreams, to go out and see the big mommys. Thanks for the picture.
EZ

Kirk_Allen

The photo of a life time would be that tree laying on my WM ;D

Fred

Kirk
 I dont think you would see the WM under that tree.
     Would love to see them trees in real life.
                      Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

shopteacher

That's not a bad looking tree neither. ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Furby

I was able to spend some time along the Northern Cal. coast a couple of years ago. Them trees are something else!!!!  8) 8) 8)
It's WELL worth the trip guys, I promise!!!!
Also fell in love with the Mount St. Helens area myself.
If ya get the chance to travel out there........TAKE IT! ;)

Ianab

Yup... thats a pretty impressive tree 8)
A few of them have been planted here in NZ, they grow very well but being only 100 year old they are just babies about 5 or 6 ft dia. An old one like that must be awesome.
Over New Year we have a trip up to Northland planned and we will go and check out the big Kauri pine trees up there. They aren't as tall as those redwoods but are up to 20 ft dbh and over 100 ft to the 1st branch.
Put those numbers into the log scale calculator  ;)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Bruce_A

I am somewhere around 40 miles, give or take a few, from St. Helens.  Not much to enjoy today, but towards summer you can hardly believe what this area show for trees and scenery.

Furby

It's been on my "to do" list to climb St. Helens, just haven't made my way back out there yet.
Kinda figure they will keep the climbers off next summer, after these little hiccups so to speak. :-/

iain

whos holding the tree up
they dont look happy about the photo :D

iain

WoodSmith

It was cold and she was humoring her ole man, you know when you got a thing for trees there is no sacrifice to great even if it isn't your sacrifice ;D
 8)

iain

i got me one of them humouring devices although it only works intermitintly ;) :D
   iain

Gilman

Furby,
The longer you wait the easier that climb is going to get.  Wait long enough and it might even be a nice lake to go fishing in.  You'll be able to canoe to the top! :D
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yeah good point!!!
I've thought of that before and figured the sliding mud would work against me.
Haven't heard anything new on the news about St. Helens, is there anything new???

Minnesota_boy

Once it gets light out there, you can check it out on the volcano camera.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

It seems like I only get to see it about every third day.  The rest of the time it's foggy or raining.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Thank You Sponsors!