iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamptoy

TimberKing M-14 circle mill.

cantcutter

2005 Timberking 1600 with loader. I wanted an MD 128, but have since realized that almost all of my customers want their logs milled as wide as I can get out of them......so the band mill was a good choice.

Brad_S.

Hey Cancutter, good to see you here. Welcome aboard. 8)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

01frick

01 Frick circle handmill. Powered by 1932 Caterpillar d8800, Frick edger and planer.

customsawyer

I hadn't been to this thread for a while so I went back to see what I  had listed needless to say most of my stuff has changed I now run a LT70HDD62 with a log deck, a morgan edger, 420DIT Cat back-hoe. I still run a couple of farm tractors doing tree planting and the likes as well.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

StorminN

Mobile Dimension 127, new MD rack and pinion crossbars, new homemade trailer and 24VDC lift, old endstands... but stationary (for now) with log deck and 24VDC sawdust conveyors...
John Deere 690 excavator
Various trucks & diesels
Need something with forks
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

John Bartley

Hello all,

After running a friends small manual mill, and being unemployed (retired in September) after working out the time I agreed to after selling my small engine company, I decided to go out on a limb and try a sawmilling business. I bought this Gilbert Champion mill last week (new) and I guess we'll see how different starting a business is compared to 16 years ago when I started the engine business. If  I prove to be a sawmilling klutz, I guess I'll have a nice little toy to play with.

:)

The saw is a 25hp, with a 24' bed (21' capacity). I also have the trailer, loading ramps, hydraulic toeboards, etc ...  I'm looking forward to being in business again. My business partner was good to work for, but once you've been self-employed, it's hard not to be.

cheers eh?

Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

sprucebunny

Congratulations on the mill, John. I have a Gilbert, also; 24 feet and 20 hp.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck  8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Dave Shepard

Cool! Welcome to the Forum! Where you from? Looks like the snow belt. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

John Bartley

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm from Stittsville Ontario, just outside Ottawa. While we used to get snow when I was growing up here, over the last decade I'd be more inclined to call this the freezing rain belt.
:)
This year we finally have some decent, cold, powdery dry snow - lovely stuff!!

cheers eh?
Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

boulderridge

Frick "0" Mill with a 52" blade, 65' ways. 25' carriage. Power is friction drive from an 87 Dodge Dakota, utilizing a cruize control for a govoner. :'( :-\

ErikC

Peterson 8" WPF with 33' of track
   JCB 1550 loader backhoe-80 hp, 4x4, 4 in 1 loader, about 18,000 lbs
   Stihl 029, 039, 044, 066 
   2000 F250 superduty 4x4
   Armloads of handtools I try not to use!
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Sprucegum

Hey Boulderridge Welcome to the forum  8)

I'd sure like to see how ya got that Dodge hooked up to your mill - can ya work up some pictures for us?  :P  :)

artenvielfalt

Peterson WPF 10" wide frame, 1,8m diameter
Stihl chainsaw with 75cm to cut the big ones up
circular tablesaw, just for my shop as a carpenter, a Felder Kappa 450 electronic
cheers ulf germany

zopi

36" Granberg Alaskan/36" Stihl MS660...and a butt ton of unistrut...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

boulderridge

Quote from: Sprucegum on December 31, 2007, 10:53:26 PM
Hey Boulderridge Welcome to the forum  8)

I'd sure like to see how ya got that Dodge hooked up to your mill - can ya work up some pictures for us?  :P  :)

Sprucegum,

I'll see what I can do. :)

boulderridge

Sprucegum,

here are a couple. The rest of the pictures of my setup are located in my gallery.

Boulderridge

Corley5

That's a  8) setup!  How's the Dakota for power  ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

Nice pics, and doesn't look too cold under that roof....but imagine it can be... ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

boulderridge

Corley5,

I cut mostly oaks and other hardwood. I does pretty good as long as you don't get carried away. If the V6 ever dies I'm going for a V8 as a replacement.

Sprucegum,

If I get  too cold while I'm cutting, I just roll down the windows and turn the blower motor on high. :D :D

Boulderridge

jpgreen

Now that is one cool Mil..  8) ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Sprucegum

8) And its just that easy!  8)

Looks like a fun place to play  ;)

ironstumper

Lucas 827 Swingblade
Logrite Hugo Arch
Logrite 78" cant Hook  8) 8)
Husqavarna 3120 w/48" bar  8) 8)
Rom 8:19 Can't wait!!

toxedo_2000

Quote from: John Bartley on December 17, 2007, 07:34:13 PM
Hello all,

After running a friends small manual mill, and being unemployed (retired in September) after working out the time I agreed to after selling my small engine company, I decided to go out on a limb and try a sawmilling business. I bought this Gilbert Champion mill last week (new)

Hey ! Me too ! I have the same, with a 20 HP. Good luck in your new business !
Toxedo
Toxedo
Why walk when you can fly

sapsucker

Just got my first mill........LT28 woodmizer
df
work in Toronto ON
Live in Cobourg ON
Mill in Lanark County ON
Lt 28 woodmizer
2007 Case Dx40
snow shoes and chain saw