Previous topic - Next topic

matthewsman

JWright

Home built band mill.

giant splinter

2011 Wood-Mizer LT40HD29G
roll with it

Solomon

Wow,  am I the only one on here with a Logmaster?   I have an LM4    51 hp  Perkins Diesel.  30 inch band wheels, 30 inches between guide bearings.
Photo Electric setworks, 24 ft cut length.  All hydraulic  , I bought it new in 2007.  I work full time in the Port here in Hampton Roads and just run my mill if I feel like it.   It's paid for it self a couple of times.   I buy my blades from  Kenna-Saw  out of Kennasaw Georgia.  They are 19' 1"
1 1/2" x7/8  x.055  Munkfor Blades.  When I buy 50 or more there $27.00 each drop shipped to my door.   Does anyone know where I can get'en cheaper?
Pete  Chesapeake, Virginia.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

beenthere

Don't think you are alone. Go to Search and type in "Logmaster". You will find others with them.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Solomon

Joanie

Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

StoddardLumber

I have a Chase Semi Automatic Circle mill,

52 Inch Saw
3 Headblock Caridge (Hand set)
Air Dogs with Hyd Tapers
Glover Friction feed
Renco Log turner
Hmc rosser head Debarker
Minor 2 Saw Edger
Custom log decks
Cat Gen set to power it all

Morewood

2008 Cooks Ac3651 Diesel
2008 Cooks AC3651 perkins diesel , JD 310C w/forks and thumb , International 8000 Dump truck , 16 ton trailer , and all the accessories .

thecfarm

Morewood,welcome to the Forum. How many HP and how long have you been sawing?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Morewood

51 HP Perkins , been sawing for 1 year ,  reading the forum for 3-4 years
2008 Cooks AC3651 perkins diesel , JD 310C w/forks and thumb , International 8000 Dump truck , 16 ton trailer , and all the accessories .

Cypress Sam

Got new mill in june LT40hd38g.
SAM

Roy R.

I just bought a EZ boardwalk 40
Also have a Ford 655D, Norse 3 point skidding winch, Ford 5000 and a custom built logging trailer

thecfarm

Roy R,welcome to the forum. What's the plan for the lumber? How did you get hold of  a Norse winch in WI? I have the Norse 450,with the pivoting butt plate on a 40 hp NH.What's a ford 655D?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Slab Slicer

Hello. My name is Chuck, and I'm brand new to the forum, and brand new to the world of band mills. We purchased a new LT15G18 just this past Saturday. I've spent the last month researching mills, and this site popped up alot. I've learned alot, and need to learn ALOT more.

OK, let's stick to the subject. Here it is being unloaded from the trailer on saturday afternoon. Did I mention it good to have friends with big machines? The 2 guys in the pic are Jim and Carl. Carl is my neighbor with the back hoe, and Jim is a long time friend.

Well, it seem I have to learn to upload pic to the forum. Lookin' for some help here.

2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

beenthere

Slab Slicer
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Pull up the stump and you should have a good time here, as should we. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Slab Slicer

Thank you beenthere. I'll stop in when I can, but with a new mill out back, and a bunch of red oak to mill, I plan on being really busy  :)
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

Roy R.

Quote from: thecfarm on September 18, 2012, 09:56:51 PM
Roy R,welcome to the forum. What's the plan for the lumber? How did you get hold of  a Norse winch in WI? I have the Norse 450,with the pivoting butt plate on a 40 hp NH.What's a ford 655D?

I got some land with a lot of trees and I'm planning on building my retirement home soon with the lumber I cut. Plus I'm look for  some type of hobby that might be able to make me some money on the side when I'm retired. I'm hoping to be able to pull the plug in about 4 years.
I just picked up the EZ boardwalk here in WI at a logging expo. This saw milling is all new to me. I was a little over whelmed when I cut my first log.  I still got a lot to learn but I'm hoping with the help from this forum I will be able to make good use of the mill.   
I ordered the Norse 350  online from Labonville a few years ago . I think they are in Vermont.
My Ford 655D is a tractor loader backhoe. My original intent was to put a grapple  on the backhoe and pull my logging trailer and use it as a forwarder for hauling my logs out to the landing. I'm not quite there yet. I'm having a problem with not being able to lower my stabilizers  right now. Too many things to work on and not enough time.

Magicman

Hello Roy R and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)  How about dropping down and posting an introduction thread so we can get to know you better ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Roy,not that it really matter,but Labonville is only in NH and Maine.They only have 5 stores. I've been to 4 of them so far. Two are close by to me.Someone else on here put a grapple on a back of a tractor on here. Seem like he uses it for his wood splitter. There are also pictures of a member that uses a small excavator with a grapple and they haul a trailer behind it.

Here's my winch behind my 40 hp Ford.
I also made up some 3 foot chains for the small stuff. Much easier to pull only a foot of chain through a choker instead of 5 feet.

Slab Slicer

Chuck

valley

Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

Mark Emig

I have a Peterson 9" swing mill I just got and refurbished. Now as for "iron" inventory-my day job is I'm a blacksmith-does a 110 lb air hammer,several anvils,swageblocks,cone mandrels etc count?? :D :D

Solomon

Beenthere has educated me, here are some pics of my machine.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice mill Pete.....looks like it'll get the job down.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!