iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3120 oil shortage!

Started by Tree tech, April 21, 2009, 02:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree tech

Hi there in new on here, nice to meet you all! I have a problem with my husky 3120xp, im running a 36 and a 42inch bar, the extra oil lever is in the right position, bar and chain are new, cutting elm

Ironmower

Sorry I can't anwser your question. Just wanted to welcome you here, one of the fellas on here will help ya ;) ;D
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

Hilltop366

Did it oil before the new bar?

thecfarm

Tree tech,welcome to the forum.Use that saw much? With a 36 and 42 inch bar is it used alot?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tree tech

Hi , sorry for delay and answering you both at once!     First , thanks for feedback! The bar and chain are built for the 3120 ,  if u check the oil, it spits of the end of bar,and is visable on chain. But when cutting the chain tightens up and gets hot and burns  black ,  if you take the saw out the cut and let it run it oils back up again ! . The oil pump is working oil hole is clear and the bar is clear  ,  it has an extra oil lever which is also engaged !    And for the second question , yes 3120 is working 3 days out 5 ,  great workhorse !  Its a bit of a monster but ok for logging and my mill for slabbing out ,  Im 6.3tall so extra weight is ok, my other toys are,576 372,371 x2, 262,266.338,and a few more!

Rocky_J

Your first post got cut off before you could finish it. What exactly is the problem? Perhaps you could finish your earlier sentence?  ???

Tree tech

Sorry rocky j! Saw is great but does not apear to get enough oil and goes burnt black when in use! I mostly cut fire wood and mill with the 3120,+thanks for help

Rocky_J

Where's the maximum setting for the oiler? On the 372 it's 4 turns out from bottom on the adjuster screw. If you go further then it pumps less.

Rocky_J

I finally found my owner's manual for my 395xp. It says the recommended setting for bars over 28" is 1.75 turns out from bottomed. I'm guessing that maximum output will be 1.75-2 turns out for the 395. I cannot find the manuals online any more so you may have to dig out your manual and see what the adjustment settings are for the 3120.

Tree tech

Thanks for checking that for me ,   the saw also has an extra oil lever just next to your throttle hand ,   if you engage this it is suposed to give you ever more oil .   I will check the settings today and see if i can find the manual, it has been checked by the dealer and he thinks its ok.    But when cutting the chain runs too dry and goes black at the links . I have ordered an extra oiler that goes on my mill but that wont help when logging , THANKS FOR ON GOING HELP GUYS

GASoline71

Is the chain too tight?  That will lead to a lot of eccess heat.  :)

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

woodsrunner

I know for sure when milling that the auxillary oiler makes a huge difference. I always use mine when my 395 is on the mill. Don't be offended but are you sure your bar and chain are the same gauge?
Scott

low_48

Had my 3120 manual near the desk. It says for bars of 34 to 42 it's 1 1/2 turns, over 42 bar 1 3/4 turns. In big warnings it says to  not have the engine running while adjusting.

GASoline71

Quote from: woodsrunner on April 28, 2009, 09:16:49 PM
Don't be offended but are you sure your bar and chain are the same gauge?
Scott

That was my next quetion... :)

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

Thank You Sponsors!