iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally back to milling

Started by Kingcha, June 01, 2019, 11:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

I did very little milling last year do to, to many projects around the new house.     Well the first major project on my list this year is a Lawn Shed.

Maybe I should say heavy duty lawn shed.

Except for the treated sill I am using all my own lumber.  Built like a pole barn except the post are attached to the concrete instead of burying them.   Will do a steel roof then wood walls.

I have to thank the forum as I had to do a little refresher of the mind and the search feature worked great.  Thank you all for posting your knowledge.

Matt

a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Ljohnsaw

Very nice!  About 8x10 or so?  Its so nice to have a slab floor instead of wood or dirt.  Board and baton for the siding or a T&G/shiplap flat board wall?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Kingcha

Thanks John  10 x 12   I'll be doing board and baton.   I'm very happy I spent the money for a slab.

matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!