iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can I see your EZ Boardwalk Jr (or similar mill)? I am in NC (SC, TN, VA, GA)

Started by esarratt, November 11, 2021, 12:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esarratt

I would like to look at an EZ Boardwalk Jr in person.

However, if you have a similarly sized (30" log diameter) American or home built mill I would be interested in looking at that too: Cooks MP-32, TimberKing 1220, Baker 18M or Wood Buddy, Wood-Mizer LT15, Norwood Lumbermate LM-30, Thomas 2413 or 3220, etc.

I haven't seen any out there, but if you have a similarly sized Canadian, German or Japanese built mill I would be interested in learning about these too.

I am in Western North Carolina (near Asheville).  I can travel a couple hours into the surrounding States.

I also travel to Charlotte, NC and Eastern, NC (East of Raleigh).

I am mill shopping and the EZ Boardwalk Jr is at the top of my list.

I want to see the mill in person and ask you questions.

Thank you.

kelLOGg

I don't have your top-of-the-list choice but you are welcome to see my MP-32. I am not sawing right now while my cataract surgeries and concrete pad for the mill cure. I am expecting log deliveries first of next week so I will be back sawing shortly thereafter. I just may be available when you come my way.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

esarratt

Thank you kelLOGg.  I would love to see your MP-32.  I have looked specifically at that model too.

I will be traveling your way in the next few weekends to cut trees on my property.  I just PM'd you.

Side note: My father just had cataract surgery on both his eyes.  He said he can now see at night to drive.  It was very successful for him.  I hope it is the same for you.

WV Sawmiller

If you want to see the LT15 and are anywhere near Oakboro NC (They used to be in Albermarle but moved a few miles) call the WM dealer there and see what he can show you. I visited them when I was interested and they showed me around and discussed the feature and O&M issues I asked. Tyler was not a high pressure salesman and just gave me straight-forward answers to the questions I asked. I placed my order that same day. WM had sent my little post cards for years inviting me to shows in my area - not high pressure just a simple invite.

Another option to see the LT 15 or other WM mills is go to the WoodMizer.com site, go to Services, look at the Find-a-Sawyer option, enter the state('s) you are interested in seeing and see the Pro-sawyer list and see who is close to you and send them a contact request or go look up their Website and call them. Many if not most/all of them should be glad to show your their mill. 

No matter what brand you pick, I'd suggest going to watch sawyers at work any time you can. You will pick up little time and labor saving tricks to make the job easier and safer to do even if they are using a different mill than yours.

Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

kelLOGg

Eric,
The 2nd eye procedure was yesterday and all is well. I have to wait patiently now it to heal completely and keep it dust free. I can now see warts on mosquito knees. ;D
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

esarratt

My father told his wife, after his operation, that he could now see her wrinkles.  Oops!

SawyerTed

Imagine shortly thereafter he suffered sudden onset blindness due to the swelling. :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

kelLOGg

After my first eye was done I looked in the mirror and saw an old man with a wizened face and told him I wanted my old eye back. 

GAB

Quote from: SawyerTed on November 11, 2021, 01:49:19 PM
Imagine shortly thereafter he suffered sudden onset blindness due to the swelling. :D
Did the cause of the swelling have anything to do with rolling pin sudden impact?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

VB-Milling

Probably a heck of a drive for you on short notice, but you're welcome to come to my meet and greet this Saturday. A couple of the folks who have responded to a few of your threads will be there.

It's not on your list, but I have a Woodland Mills HM126 I can demonstrate. It could put you in the market for one or show you what you don't want to buy.
HM126

Machinebuilder

I have an older LT15.

I am near Greenback, TN

this weekend is not good for me but another time you would be welcome to see it.

Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Patrick NC

Im doing a job next weekend in Murphy, NC. You're welcome to come see my Norwood hd36 in action if you want.
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

esarratt

Quote from: VB-Milling on November 11, 2021, 07:49:58 PM
Probably a heck of a drive for you on short notice, but you're welcome to come to my meet and greet this Saturday. A couple of the folks who have responded to a few of your threads will be there.
Thank you for the offer.  Some other time.  I am actually in Maryland this weekend with family.
How often do you do meet and greets?

esarratt

Quote from: Patrick NC on November 12, 2021, 08:53:31 AM
Im doing a job next weekend in Murphy, NC. You're welcome to come see my Norwood hd36 in action if you want.
Thank you.  I may take you up on that if I don't go to the coast.
I notice you are in Casar.  I also have a home in Lawndale.

esarratt

Quote from: Machinebuilder on November 12, 2021, 07:39:11 AM
I have an older LT15.

I am near Greenback, TN

this weekend is not good for me but another time you would be welcome to see it.
Thank you for the offer.  Another weekend then.
I am actually out of town this weekend seeing family.
You are fairly close to me.  I will be in touch.

VB-Milling

Quote from: esarratt on November 12, 2021, 07:38:35 PM
Quote from: VB-Milling on November 11, 2021, 07:49:58 PM
Thank you for the offer.  Some other time.  I am actually in Maryland this weekend with family.
How often do you do meet and greets?
Funny enough, this is my first one. Might make an annual or biannual thing if it works out. Just got done making most of the food and doing the dishes lol
HM126

rusticretreater

I may be a little north of your travel range, a town called Shenandoah VA.  But you are certainly welcome to come see my Woodland Mills HM130Max.  I have the lap siding attachment, track extension, toe board accessories.  Mine is in a shed, but they offer a trailer for it as well. 
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Revival Sawmill

I've got a WM LT35 - about halfway between Boone and Asheville NC; you're welcome to come see it, and we've almost always got some logs piled up to saw. Just shoot me a PM.

TroyC

I'm in central Georgia, near Dublin, probably 4 hrs or so south of you. You are welcome to look at my EZ 40 if you are in the area. Heck, might even let you run it, have a stack of 23 logs to mill soon and have a site cleared for the sawmill shed build to begin soon..

customsawyer

Quote from: TroyC on November 22, 2021, 03:17:06 PM
I'm in central Georgia, near Dublin, probably 4 hrs or so south of you. You are welcome to look at my EZ 40 if you are in the area. Heck, might even let you run it, have a stack of 23 logs to mill soon and have a site cleared for the sawmill shed build to begin soon..

Then y'all can come over and visit me. I will furnish the gloves.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!