Peter Drouin

With all the rain. Hard to get logs, sometimes not covered in mud.  :D

Anyone knows a sun dance  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Better keep a log on the mill so it don't float off.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

Quote from: thecfarm on November 13, 2021, 07:51:24 PM
Better keep a log on the mill so it don't float off.  ;D
If Peter has the extension bed attached he better plan on putting 2 logs on.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Southside

Don't worry Peter, it will all be ice and snow soon enough.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DennisK

Quote from: Southside on November 13, 2021, 08:22:59 PM
Don't worry Peter, it will all be ice and snow soon enough.   :D
That's just plain mean! :)

Crossroads

Having the same problem in north Idaho too. A week ago my Friday Saturday mobile job was a swamp. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

cutterboy

Yes Peter, and it's like that in the woods too. Hard to get wood out. >:(
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Magicman

Here is a 200+ log job that I abandoned because of the ankle deep muck and nowhere to go.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Resonator

I had 3" of the fluffy frozen white kind of water around my mill when I got up today. :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Bruno of NH

Peter,
It has been some wet this year , my mill yard looks like spring breakup .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

moodnacreek

What a mess, it's all mud here also but not that bad, rain/ snow tonight.

slider

Same here in south ga . at least my mill and shelter are on a big concrete pad but outside is like you.
al glenn

PAmizerman

Are those slab bundles I see? I thought you chipped everything. 
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Peter Drouin

I do chip. The slabs you see belong to a customer after cutting his logs.
Talking chips, I have a farmer wants a bunch of truck loads.
I keep 30 or so bundles for the spring time to boil Maple sap.
How are you doing, PAmizerman?
Have you had enough rain? :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Old Greenhorn

I was thinking of this thread yesterday, the mud in front of the deck area is low right now, but still I can lose sight of my foot climbing in and out of the machine.

Doesn't really matter if it rained or not, it takes about 15 days for it to 'almost dry' and somewhere in there we get a 1/2" of rain and it's back up to 'par'. It's in a low spot and fed by the water seeping out of the cliff face like a spring. 3" below the sole of my boot in that 1st photo is ledge. Someday we will hammer it out and put in a pipe then cover it all with crushed stone. For now, I just live with it best I can and wear decent boots.

SO this is what I consider 'nearly dry':

It's only 4" deep at the low spot. :D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

alan gage

I never forget to be thankful that the land where I mill, about 4 acres, averages 8' of gravel above the high water table. It can rain 6" overnight and the next day there won't be a puddle to be found. Nothing sinks in or gets stuck either. It's really nice.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

newoodguy78

You've got your mill in the right spot for sure 

PAmizerman

It's actually been fairly dry here. My log supply has improved. I got six triaxle loads in. Prices are still crazy high though. Orders have dropped off quite a bit but I put out bids on several large jobs. 
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

thecfarm

Hard to dry out at this time of year here. Days are short and the heat from the sun is short too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerTed

We are in mild to moderate drought conditions here.  We could use a bit of that rain y'all have had in the Northeast.  It has rained to the west of us and at the coast but very little in the Piedmont since July.

With that said, there's few things I hate worse than a mud hole!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!