iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally back to sawing

Started by justallan1, November 02, 2021, 07:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

I started a new sawing job and am really going to enjoy it.
I'm sawing burnt pine on a neighbors ranch. He's doing the logging and skidding and I'm playing with the mill.
On top of the owner being a great guy and plenty eager to get some lumber sawn, I'm plenty thankful for the boss of the ranch where I work to be very good about letting me go make a buck or so on the side. Talking with him on the phone he says, "We'll get you some days freed up during the week so you can get up there also." You just can't ask for a better man to work for.
We're planning on sawing until winter shuts us down, then starting up in the spring again.

Nebraska

Looks good, hope your snow holds off a while.

WDH

Looks like you will be a busy man.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

terrifictimbersllc

Always a good  deal when there are more  nice logs waiting. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

barbender

Good to hear from you, Allan. Glad to see you have some logs in front of you👍🏻
Too many irons in the fire

Stephen1

Your boss better be carefull, before he knows it you'll be sawing full time. Nice stack of timbers there. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

esteadle

The stack doesn't look like it is stickered? Is the owner moving the lumber somewhere else quickly for secondary processing? Or will it be restacked?

justallan1

Quote from: esteadle on November 09, 2021, 08:50:33 PM
The stack doesn't look like it is stickered? Is the owner moving the lumber somewhere else quickly for secondary processing? Or will it be restacked?
He is taking it to his place and will be stickering it.

RayV

Allan, you still using Easy Boardwalk Mill?  How are you doing with your CNC Router?  Haven't been keeping up on here or on Wood Barter.
Ray

Thank You Sponsors!