iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Done for the year

Started by moosehunter, November 19, 2021, 09:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Some years ago I decided not to haul my mill around on salt covered roads. Last weekend I milled about 3500 bdft for a friend/ client that we had trouble scheduling all year. Got home about 3pm Sunday. It started snowing about 4 pm. Highway crew salted Monday morning. They have salted three times this week!! I'll do a little sawing at home over the winter but no more road jobs.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

petefrom bearswamp

Smart of you Mike, salt is definitely the enemy.
Besides the real deer season starts tomorrow.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Crossroads

I had the same plan, but don't think I saved back enough money to get through the winter. So, I'll still be working, but will try to play the weather and only work when it's dry. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

dgdrls

Me too,  I pulled the mill off the landing two weeks ago and the trailer is off the road until spring.

Just some site clean-up left.

D

Quebecnewf

I'm done for this year . Hauled boat ashore yesterday . No logs left at the mill to saw . Have to go for radiation treatment for prostate . Knew it was coming it's been 11 years and numbers were edging up . Hopefully back at it later this winter , early spring . Not great but that's life . Have to play with the cards your given .

Stay safe . Will post pics hopefully winter logging in the new year . 

Quebecnewf  

cutterboy

Quebecnewf, best of luck to you.

I'm done sawing for this year. This week I'll be moving the mill into the barn for a long winter rest.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!