iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer resaw (RS-2) vs. Lap siding attachment, a discussion.

Started by Old Greenhorn, November 25, 2021, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Quote from: Southside on January 02, 2022, 09:57:33 AM
I am going to say 300 ish lbs. I can toss it around, but it's not easy to do. Of course @wdh has a theory as to that.  :D.
It helps when your arms are longer than your legs ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Thanks SS. I have to think about how I feel having that hang over my head about 12' up. ;D It sounds like we should be able to fetch this home with a 6' pickup bed with the tailgate down I suppose. If we took a bigger truck, I am afraid Bill might fill it with with other stuff he finds at WM. :D We'll pick a slow work period or lousy weather day and run up to fetch it. It's a 7 hour round trip for us.

Stavebuyer the dedicated re-saws I do not believe will make tapered siding and that is our intent here. Should this develop further, it might turn into something different. Right now there are a lot of requests for tapered siding and this drove the decision. We have a long way to go yet in setting up the facilities with limited labor hours available, so it's baby steps.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

stavebuyer

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on January 02, 2022, 12:06:13 PM
Thanks SS. I have to think about how I feel having that hang over my head about 12' up. ;D It sounds like we should be able to fetch this home with a 6' pickup bed with the tailgate down I suppose. If we took a bigger truck, I am afraid Bill might fill it with with other stuff he finds at WM. :D We'll pick a slow work period or lousy weather day and run up to fetch it. It's a 7 hour round trip for us.

Stavebuyer the dedicated re-saws I do not believe will make tapered siding and that is our intent here. Should this develop further, it might turn into something different. Right now there are a lot of requests for tapered siding and this drove the decision. We have a long way to go yet in setting up the facilities with limited labor hours available, so it's baby steps.
Kind of a moot point for you guys since you already made a purchase; but for others benefit the WM HR series stand-alone Resaws will tilt to make tapered siding and the 16" capacity between guides makes it possible to do things like reclaim boards from slabs that most compact resaws can't.

Thank You Sponsors!