iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now that it's gettin hot...

Started by jeff, June 12, 2001, 07:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Now that it's gettin hot how about something cool?

I pulled these out of my archive...

I just want to say right off the bat, I WAS NOT DRIVING AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY! With that said, these pics are actually WORSE then they appear, the skidder operator (refered to here after as the late captain nemo) did not tell anyone he was "stuck" until late that night. This is the next day, night time temp? 20 below zero daytime temp? 10 One Big solid block of Timberjack and Beaver droppings.

In pic number 1 the guy you see walking towards the skidder has a power auger over his shoulder. We drilled dozens of holes around the skidder and then toward shore.(this was mostly water(ice), Nemo had driven out to the "island" in the back of pic to site see. the mud you see is thrown up on the ice from wallowing around trying to get out.) We then took clean saws and played connect the dots till we had a channel cut clear to shore, which was about 40 yards. Our other skidder was no match for this job, we hired a guy with a D9 in the next town to come out. We could of Killed Nemo. There was 6 of us augering and sawing for most of the day and the temp never got above 10 degrees. This was an 80 in the middle of a 15,000 acre club proberty that is managed by thier own cunsulting forester. He had told Nemo to clear off the island since most of it had been girdled by beavers, but wait till it was froze, So he did have permission to be out there. It was plenty cold enough, but any body that ice fishes knows that you stay away from ice that has vegetation growing through it. It isn't ever safe.

Jeff
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Tom

What's all that white stuff..........clay?

Jeff

Thought you was going to ask what a power auger was...

No Tom, that would be ice and snow. We freeze mass quantities of water up here to put in our mixed drinks...

Gordon

I was wondering if you were going to break those pictures out. That ice sure does look refreshing after the hot and humid day I had today. Nothing better than welding all day when it's hot. Now it's started raining and I can't even play on the new tractor.

Every time I look at those pictures, it definitely rates in the top ten for stuck pictures. Guess the ice is what really adds to the sheer numbness of the operator. What the heck was he thinking?

Gordon

Jeff

What was he thinking? Gosh, if we only knew we could find the cure for stupidity.

Ron Scott

That salvaged skidder is performing well on one of my jobs. I couldn't believe it was the same one after seeing this photo. An excellent "stuck photo" and a good lesson in wetland travel.
~Ron

Corley5

That's one time tire chains didn't help any :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

Hmmmmmm, must have been going a little light on the ice in his mixed drink.

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!