iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Breaking and Entering

Started by Jeff, May 01, 2010, 08:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

One of my colleagues had her purse stolen last week, with the keys to her house and vehicles, along with her wallet.  She and her husband had the presence of mind to change the locks in the house, but didn't move on the cars immediately, or think to undo the battery cables.  Sure enough, the very next morning, they woke up and saw that their van had been stolen.

Now, the perp ain't all that smart.  He, or someone he knows, lives right near my friend's daughter (which is where my friend was when the purse was stolen).  The guy was sitting in the van, not more than a block or two away from the scene of the purse snatching.  My friend, Martha, is a feisty sort, and wanted her van back!  She called the cops, and they came right away, but she had made her presence known, and the guy drove the van a block or so, and ditched it. 

It's just a matter of time before they find him.  If his prints are in the system, he's going to jail.  Your average criminal isn't that bright, it seems to me.   ::)

In the case of Duke, however, I'm glad he avoided a long term stay in the jailhouse.   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Toolman

About 13 yrs ago, right after I built my house. I had a car pull into my driveway just about at sunrise.The car was occupied by an elderly guy with Maryland Tags. When I checked to see what he wanted, he told me I was trespassing and ordered me to leave! He told me I was interfering with his view of the Bay. I figured this guy had dementia or something. I called the local police. Turns out the guy had alzheimers and was reported missing by his family. He was about 70 miles from home and thought he was looking at the Chesapeake Bay. He was actually looking at the Conewago Creek.....that was a creepy experience!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

TimRB

Well, you had me going.  As it happens, around here in the past weeks we have had several people in various mental states wander off only to be found dead in a few days.  So I'm glad this story had a happy ending.

On a somewhat related note, though...

We live out in the sticks, and our neighbors had been in the habit of leaving their house unlocked.  After a time, they started noticing small things out of place (never missing) but husband and wife never thought anything about it, each thinking the other had done it.  After a very rare snowfall, where they found tracks around their house, they figured out that someone had been entering while they were gone during the day.  On various occasions he had watched TV, cooked and eaten food from their refrigerator, and taken showers.  He has since stopped coming by (they think).  Lock those doors.

Tim

customsawyer

You had me going pretty good so once I figured it out I called Lorraine in and let you get her to. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!