iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new mill

Started by fishfighter, February 04, 2015, 10:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Got it a week ago. Woodland 126. I had set it up in the drive way and I will be moving it come Friday to were I plan on doing most of my milling.

I did cut some cants in the 6x6 size out of red oak that I I'm using as the bed for the mill.

Now, lets see if I can get some pictures posted. ;D

beenthere

Don't know your location (not in your profile yet... ), but wondering how long you are expecting the wood blocking on the ground to last for your mill ?? 

Click on your name and you can get to your profile to add your location. It will help us. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

Hoping long enough till I build a trailer some time this summer. Red oak on the ground is not a good thing for sure. :laugh:

goose63

fishfighter Woodland has plans for the trailer I built one with my 110 welder

on its way to the paint shop

don't look to bad I think
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

fishfighter

I did see your posting of it. looks good. I just have way to much on my plate to do right now. The list keeps growing every day. So much for being retired. :laugh:

goose63

So much for being retired. :laugh:

Retired what's that????? :D
goose

thecfarm

@fishfighter,I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
I went to your gallery and saw the pictures. You might have to rotate them before posting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

They did show up when I posted early. Don't know what happen.

Tree Dan

Quote from: goose63 on February 04, 2015, 05:55:43 PM

Retired what's that????? :D

Thats a easy one...Its when you stop working 5 days a week and start working 7 :D
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

Percy

Quote from: fishfighter on February 04, 2015, 05:25:24 PM
Hahaah What Goose said....My take is you will retire when you sell your mill.....or swallow the big onion(heaven forbid)...Regardless, you are gonna lose weight and be able to eat alot more  :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

fishfighter

Quote from: Percy on February 04, 2015, 11:25:34 PM
Quote from: fishfighter on February 04, 2015, 05:25:24 PM
Hahaah What Goose said....My take is you will retire when you sell your mill.....or swallow the big onion(heaven forbid)...Regardless, you are gonna lose weight and be able to eat alot more  :D :D :D :D :D

In my case, I only work 6 days a week. Every Wednesday, I have to go into the hospital for the day for a infusion for my heart. :'( And I sure don't need to lose any weight. ;D

Magicman

I am working on my 21st year of "retirement".   ;D   :D   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Got to keep moving MM.

Started building a building at the end of my tract to house the mill head. Walls are framed up and rafters are cut. Had cut some nice Red oak to put on the sides. Got a bunch to mill tomorrow for the siding. Didn't have my phone with me to take any pictures, but will do that tomorrow.

Lonely Sawer

Goose. What size wire you using and wire speed ? What was the thickness of your metal ?
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
Kubota L3130 HST W/Backhoe
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Cummins 4x4 crew
Yamaha Viking SXS

fishfighter

Good question.

For my trailer, I have two pieces of 2x8 Ibeam that came off a house trailer that I plan on using. I will add some flat bar to the top or just weld the track system to the Ibeams.

goose63

Quote from: Lonely Sawer on February 05, 2015, 09:11:47 PM
Goose. What size wire you using and wire speed ? What was the thickness of your metal ?
.035 hard wire 2x4x1/4 inch tube speed to match the heat
Quote from: fishfighter on February 05, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
Got to keep moving MM.
Quote from: fishfighter on February 06, 2015, 08:34:35 AM
Good question.

For my trailer, I have two pieces of 2x8 Ibeam that came off a house trailer that I plan on using. I will add some flat bar to the top or just weld the track system to the Ibeams.
fishfighter I don't think I would weld the track system down I used 3/4 inch tube welded to the trailer so I could bolt it down I will go oput and get a picture so you can see it
goose

fishfighter

My track system has leveling feet. Even though about just welding those in place, that is the base of the feet. I could then adjust the track if need be.

goose63

fishfiter I'm having trouble getting picture's from my computer to my gallery but you can see the tube on the frame I built 

the tubes are under the frame its up side down in the picture

right side up hope this helps
I don't think the leveling feet would hold up as thy are held in place with a bolt I think not sure on that
goose

fishfighter

I see the tubes. Are those sch 40?

Anyway, lets see if I can get a couple pictures loaded.

Just not happening. >:( Guess I need to figure how to do it again. ;D

beenthere

fish
They are in your gallery. Just click on the one you want and scroll down the page to see how to post them.  Scrolling down is likely the trick you miss.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

Going to try again.

Oh, this saw house will be portable. Really built to cover the mill head. It's 6'6" x8'6".

fishfighter

Here is another one.

I will be removing the front cross bracings. I had framed it at the house and used my backhoe to move it in place. ;D

fishfighter

Broke down the mill this morning to move it to the mill site. Had one hell of a mess around the carport. Saw dust everywhere. Fill my loader bucket on my backhoe twice. ;D

The saw shack is coming along good. Yesterday, I had cut about 400 bf of red oak to finish up the siding. Have extra and will use it somewhere in the shack.

fishfighter

The saw shack is just about done. The mill is in place. Hope to start milling again this weekend. I the future, I will be adding a roof over the tracks before summer. I have a couple Ibeams that are 18' long that will work out good to span the tracks.

I had rotated the picture and it still coming out like this. :'(

thecfarm

Looks good on my end. A very good idea. I should of done that about 10 years ago. I put a piece of sheet metal over my motor. It does offer some protection,but a roof,like what you have,is what it needs. Like the window too. I thought about storing my blades inside too.
Put down a couple beams to put your logs on beside the mill. Have them a few inches higher than the rails. Have a piece of metal,I use ΒΌ"X4" flat stock for the space between the beams and the bed to roll my logs onto the mill. Some members have even made a hinge to bridge the gap.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!