iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerdoug

Quote from: Corley5 on December 23, 2008, 07:50:00 PM
That's the wonderful about a steel roof with adequate pitch.  A few hours in the mid 30s freezing and the DanG stuff slides right off  8) 8)

And right on top of you after you shut the door going outside. :o :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Corley5

Don't slam the door  ;) :D :D  I told Dee different times not to park too close to the house when the temps rise.  She finally listened after the avalanche about buried the Toyota Tacoma she was driving at the time.  Luckily it didn't cave in the side of it  :) :)  Another time it slid off and my truck was parked far enough away that the snow slid under it.  That required a pull from the tractor  :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

semologger

We have been having wierd weather around here. We hit single digits yesterday and freezing rain last night. Then by saturday we are going to be around 57F. It has giving me a bad sore throat with my sinus draining like a water fall. I like cold weather but the single digits were a little to much. We dont have any types of heaters on our equipment and found out not enough antifreeze in the power unit. We ended up hooking up a flex pipe on my truck to warm up the radiator. Needless to say added more antifreeze.

SwampDonkey

snow, ice then rain. Not much accumulation. Sun and wind tomorrow.  ;D Mild on the weekend........rain...........rain....did I say rain?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

moonhill

That's the thing, almost anytime the temp goes above freezing here in the winter you are bound to get rain.  I would like to see it sunny and 40 but that doesn't happen, sunny and 20 is nice too.  Light snow as of now, no matter what, it will be a white Christmas, slushy but white.

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

woody1

Just got the cars scraped off. About 1/4 " of freezing rain here. It's to warm up by the weekend. I am glad we are not getting all the snow.  8)
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Warbird

Quote from: woody1 on December 24, 2008, 08:11:40 AM
It's to warm up by the weekend.

That's because all of that cold air is coming back home to Alaska this weekend.  :(  ;)

SwampDonkey

Snows done here, didn't even get 1/2", 25 F now and rising.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

We got 4 inches here today and it is about to start to rain ... temp is hoovering at 0°C ........  Theres about 60cm on the ground now . 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Thermometer has dropped here down to 22 F, and no sign of the predicted ice and rain. Fine by me.

SwampDonkey

Well apparently, it decided to warm back up because it's now 36 F and raining.  ;)

Tim L

about the same in NH but real windy!
Do the best you can and don't look back

bull

newspaper say's Old Farmers almanac has hit the nail on the head with forecast so far this season...
way to go !!!

SwampDonkey

Cooling down now, 27 F clear and windy. Roads are an icey mess. Saw one vehicle on it's roof top coming home.

WDH

Hot here on Christmas.  All the doors and windows open.  Too warm to suit me for this time of year.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: WDH on December 25, 2008, 10:45:49 PM
Hot here on Christmas.  All the doors and windows open.  Too warm to suit me for this time of year.

We miss you Danny. Please come visit. I'll go to Walmart and get another shovel. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I was told, a couple of years ago, that it was "hot flashes" causing the heat in the house.  She might have been right.

I figure that it's the fault of WWII.  All those GI's came home and got friendly with their wives and generatied a bunch of women who got older and started menapause (change of life.... hot flashes....)  all at the same time and created Global Warming and Hot Christmas's.

WDH

Whats the shovel for?

To bury Bibbyman I bet ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lanier_Lurker

Quote from: WDH on December 25, 2008, 10:45:49 PM

The forecasted high for Leesburg tomorrow is 79F.  One time in my life have I seen it that warm in southwest Georgia during the week between Christmas and New Year's day.

Perry will probably be similar.

DanG

We missed setting a record for high Christmas temps by a couple of degrees.  The record was set during the Ice Age, back in 1984. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Scott

We have now gone to 41 degrees with heavy snow melt and fog with possible thunderstorms later today and a blizzard predicted for again tomorrow. A very unusual forecast.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

The ice age ended in 1979 DanG, that's when Suzuki cooled down on his "Global Cooling" propaganda and began "Global Warming" with lots of hot air and vim. Meanwhile NB got left behind, apparently the climate here has never changed in 40 years just a few more frequent mild winters followed by a few regular cold winters here and there. ;D :D

Norm

Well since our weather heads east I'll give you guys an idea of what to expect. The warm weather has moved out and it's a brisk 30°F and dropping. Freezing rain is moving in and then snow for tonight.

SwampDonkey

That mess has just arrived, it's still too cold to rain so just very light snow to be followed by pellets, then ice, then rain......... :-X

Jeff

Its really foggy here and 43° with rain and lightning, but you wouldn't know it from here because you can't see out the window because of the snow banks. :D  Like Ron said, they are calling for big snow melt and flooding today with blizzard warnings for tomorrow.  We're supposed to be hosting Christmas for my side of the family this afternoon. If travel conditions get any worse,  we may end up with the house all spiffyed up just for us and the dogs. Be nice if the house could look like this all the time, but I digress....
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!