iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

This has been a wonderful wet, cool spring here. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

chevytaHOE5674

Back to snow now. It was in the 60's late last week. Now its snowing and we have an inch or so of new accumulation. Calling for possible 2-4" tonight, and another 2-4" possible tomorrow.  >:(

SwampDonkey

I'll tell ya that last 8 inches of snow in the woods is taking for ever to melt. I did walk out the woodlot on Saturday and for the most part avoided the snow as I walked clean through. Found fresh bear prints and seen a couple moose.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

That last 1-3 foot is taking forever to melt here. And if we add 8-10" on top of that it will take even longer to go. 

SwampDonkey

I think that bear is dening in my cousin's maple grove at the back of his lot. I never back tracked his trail, but it was coming from that direction. His woods are thick with under growth after the loggers high graded his mature dominant maples off. The other smaller maples are dying as they were the suppressed junk growing in shade. They told him they only took 13 cords of wood of it. More like 130 cords.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

This spring started out good. Seems like one week we had mud than it dried right out.Wind blew a lot in May.I wanted to burn a brush pile,but really too muddy to work around it with the tractor.Than the next week it was to dry to get a burn permit.But than a day of rain cured that problem.Seem like the first part of June it started to rain and don't want to stop.We've have some days where it would rain hard all day long.Just had a day like that 2 days ago,the pond is higher now than what it was in May.But than some days it will rain and than stop and do this a all day long for 2-3 days.Than some days it will just dizzle and some days it will rain hard. We have double the rain fall amount.I have not been working with the tractor,too wet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Hasn't been too wet here. We usually get a dry week followed up by a short rain or a couple days of showers. Last year was very very wet.

moonhill

The rivers are higher than this spring, and we are looking at a wet week ahead here on the coast of Maine.  Blueberry blossom season was sunny and the bees worked a lot, we need water and some heat, sounds almost perfect to me. 

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Sprucegum

Last Friday we were officially designated a drought-disaster area  :( it been raining every since  ::)  :D

It too late for a lot of the crops, what did get seeded didn't germinate in time to mature before fall frost  :(

It will help the cattlemen, they were still feeding hay because the pastures weren't growing.

Coon

I hear ya sprucegum,  we didn't have it that bad this spring but our crops are in the same standing due to it being a very cold spring.  My garden was planted at optimum time for this area (May 24) and is just now coming up like it should have been a week or so after planting.  We finally got the needed rain this past weekend and now we need some heat to get things growing....   

One thing that has been doing really well with the cooler spring is all the saskatoon's and chokecherries.  I have not seen this many berries growing in about 10 years and hope they will fare well.  If so, I will reap the harvest as I have been eyeing up all the wild ones I can and jotting down notes of location in my trusty little book.  ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

bull

send me the dry heat,and I will send the water !!! Please, I have pontoons on the tomatoes and corn..... most of the Summer squash has drowned, cuccumbers are in real bad shape, will have to replant and hope for a late fall !!

thecfarm

Has not rained here for 2 days.   ;D  Sun been out for 3 days,the last 2 days nice and bright.Did rain on the morning of the 4th and the late evening,but dry for now.I think it rained here almost everyday day the for a month. Now we are in our shower season.Will rain hard once a day for 15-30 minutes than stop every couple days,not all day like it has.The pond was higher than it was in the spring.Temps have been lower than normal.Break a few records for low temps. I woke up the other morning and saw the sun out.I woke the wife up to tell her.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bull

Saturday night and Sunday am we knocked down 20 acres of hay, sunny with good wind everything is drying great should be able to bale early evening !!!!!

Have been staking tomatoes, replanting cucs and squash and lot of tilling to aerate the soil.....maybe summer is thinking about happening....

SwampDonkey

Well, looks like you folks in the south and east coast of the US are going to be mostly spared from BILL. It looks like it will be tracking toward the southeast coast of Nova Scotia though. They say we are also getting a cold front from the NE at the same time that might add 3" of rainfall. Severe thunderstorm warming in effect this evening up this way from the front. The Hurricane isn't expected to impact this far north in NB with any significant winds. I'm sure we'll get some rain off it. The dewpoint is almost as high as the temperature, but it hasn't rained here all day. It's a dark day though.

sprucebunny

A band of severe thunderstorms cruised thru here this evening with Heavy rain, tornado warnings and almost continuous thunder and lightening for 20 minutes  :o

It is the first time I've ever been scared enough to shut off the main breaker.

What really pushed me over the edge, were the tiny little bolts of electricity I could see near me and hear near me, too  :o :o It was quite something !!!!

During the month of July this area had 10.90 inches of rain. The normal for the month is 3.99" The old record was smashed !!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

Find anything under da bed ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Well, we only got a fast moving shower and no lightning show in my location. I had the yard light on just now and it looks like the trees are all dried off in the yard with a light breeze. Suppose to see some sun today, so maybe the front has passed. This month we have only had a couple showers so far.

thecfarm

Been dry here the last few weeks.Even some of the wet places are starting to dry up.Summer is here.Temps are in the high 80's and low 90's.Temps was in the 50's at night,temps are in the high 60's now.The sun has been out steady for weeks.We got that bad storm too.We was coming home in it.The lighting was some intense,never saw it like that.Most times it's over in a second.This time the lighting seemed to stay there for 3 seconds.

WDH

Typically ferociously hot and humid.  Highs about 93 - 98 with very high humidity.  Lows in the low 70's.  August has seen decent rain versus prior years.  Thank goodness  :).

Maybe Bill will be easy on y'all.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stonebroke

So is the drought broken in GA. ?

Stonebroke

SwampDonkey

We haven't had many 90's here, but 82-89 is hot enough with high dew points in the 70's. We finally got dried out and warmed up before winter sets in.  It's been holding around 85 F in the house now for two weeks, and that ain't dry heat. ;D :D

SwampDonkey

Well that's that. Been mostly overcast, but with a few periods of sun today. Looks like it's clearing out right now. Long range says no rain all week. We never got a cupful of water here.  ::)

IMERC

for the last several weeks it's been snowing at night...
nothing ever accuminlated till Saturaday night... 2.5"+

Thursday night it was 11*... Saturday night it hit -9*...

right now it's 46 and storming... Wind and wet....

do believe my long  (about a month or so) awaited winter has arrived...
sure do hope it holds...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

SwampDonkey

Frost expected in some areas here Thursday night. I usually don't get any frost at my place for a least another month.

I was out in the woods today and if ever I could show a good demonstration why not all native spruce are suited for every softwood site. You have to know the local micro climate. As far as softwood site, I mean a site typically with spruce-fir and white pine. Red spruce and black spruce flush later than white spruce. They planted white on this site and the late frosts burnt the new growth. The red and black spruce were not touched because they flush later in June. We had frosts quite late this year, but not unusual. It was within 3 or 4 degrees of frost here when the roof tops and weeds where white with frost out there this June.

chevytaHOE5674

Had some patchy frost last saturday and sunday night. Was in the 40's friday-sunday. But now its back into the 70's, hopefully it holds out for a few more weeks. Seems like the snow just melted and its getting close again.....

Thank You Sponsors!