iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Numbness in fingers and hand

Started by Gary_C, November 23, 2012, 12:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

My wife had it done. I'm the "my wife's second cousin,brother,neighbor" had it done guy.  ;D  doctorb knows the new way. Only 3 little places,holes? We met someone just about 2 weeks later that had it done the old way,lay your wrist wide open. Recover rate was long for the wide open way. Did wonders for the wife. No problems at all now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Quote from: beenthere on November 23, 2012, 02:22:58 PM

The computer games that involve repetition seem to be able to get similar conditions (pain)... .
If I recall correctly they called that "Atari wrist" caused by playing too much stars wars back in the day .

Meat cutters get CTS ,assembley line workers even typists .Because of the politics involved it's never to this day been termed an employment related injury   .However much has been since with ergonomics as a method to prevent or in some way address the issue .

Sprucegum

When my wife got Carpal tunnel acupuncture was recommended. She had three sessions about a week apart and was cured! That was about 8 years ago and still no more pain or numbness. It will be even less invasive than the new surgery and relatively low cost - check it out first, if it doesn't work for you the other options are still open.

doctorb

Worth a try if you are so inclined.  Risk is extremely low.  Not a bad idea.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Ron Scott

My daugher did the acupuncture treatment for her carpal tunnel problem a few years back and it has helped her with no problems since.
~Ron

Okrafarmer

Maybe I should go to the acupuncturist instead of the chiropractor.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Al_Smith

It can affect about anyone .The little lady ,all 5 foot of her who  cuts my hair had the treatment for CTS just from doing hair with scissors for years .

Now a guy I worked with in fact went to apprenticeship school with had CTS .He does the same stuff as myself but he's a neat freak .Wouldn't get a speck of dust on himself if he worked in a coal mine .He was raised by his mother .

This guy handled everything with his finger tips ,gripped everthing oddly .So I'm not so certain that what the task is really contributes as much as to how the task is done but I'm not a medical person so that's just casual opinion .

Thank You Sponsors!