iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Masters Degree in Forestry

Started by Seunwizzy01, March 27, 2021, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seunwizzy01

Hi Foresters, I am a young Nigerian with a second class upper degree in Forest Resources Management. I want to pursue a Masters degree in Forestry/Renewable Resource Management in the United States or Canada. As such, your professional advice would be gladly welcomed by me.

I am reachable via email on "ojabioye1@gmail.com"

Thanks 🙏

kiko

The two universities in my area that have a forestry program with a good reputation are Auburn University and the University of Georgia.   

Seunwizzy01

Thanks Kiko, I will read up about the two universities straight up. I'm grateful 

Texas Ranger

The Society of American Foresters has an accreditation for forestry schools in the US, check their web site and you will gain some insight for the US.  This may get you there:

Accreditation
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

TreeJob

I'm finishing a MS in Forestry at Oregon State University. We have many professors and quite a diverse group of students both domestic and international. 

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ppine

I got an MS in Forestry from the University of Washington back in the 1970s.  Now they don't even offer an undergrad degree.  Oregon State is doing some great work.   Cal-Berkeley, Colorado State, Montana State, Northern Arizona, Utah State are still pretty good in the West. 

The degree did not help my forestry career that much, but it made a big difference in being able to compete an an environmental consultant which is where I ended up.  I did a lot of work as a plant ecologist in both range and forest ecosystems and lots of soil and forest hydrology. 

Good luck .
Forester

Thank You Sponsors!