iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question about Simple Set on my LT35

Started by Ruffneck, April 09, 2013, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruffneck

I left the power on in the simple set and my battery drained. I removed the battery to charge it. When I put it back in I moved the carriage forward and it traveled about two feet and quit. The up down is still working.
I'm thinking I could have possibly snagged the wire that feeds through the battery box when I was reinstalling it. It was a tight fit.
I can hear a relay click when I engage the toggle, but nothing happens.
I was about to pull the cover off the simple set to see if anything came unplugged. Once I saw how well it was sealed I stopped. Can I pull that cover off and reassemble it keeping it sealed like it was done in the factory? Is there something obvious I should be looking at first? Heck, the mill has been sitting over the winter so it could be a mouse living inside the thing for all I know...
Thanks for any and all suggestions!!!
Gotta get this thing workin' fer my upcoming job :)

haywire woodlot

Dave

Ruffneck

No, but I hope it's that simple Dave. Where is the breaker box?  :D
The diagram in my owner's manual shows a 25A breaker, main relay, branches off to the H-Bridge Simple Set and continues to the P/F Driver which then connects to the forward reverse motor...
The Control assembly lists a fuse LT 35 2A fuse holder assembly that goes to the H-bridge Assembly. I just can't located anything about the breaker box :D

JohnSR

You may want to check the brushes in the drive motor. I had one that stuck and had the same problem you are having. Maybe a light tap with a hammer will cause the brush to make contact with the armature. The spring which puts pressure to the brush is very weak and it doesn't take much for the brush to hang up.

Ruffneck

Thanks JohnSR! Just like the starter on my old Ford when she starts acting up smiley_smash
I'll give it a shot when I get back to the mill in a couple of days.

haywire woodlot

Quote from: Ruffneck on April 09, 2013, 11:04:16 PM
No, but I hope it's that simple Dave. Where is the breaker box?  :D
The diagram in my owner's manual shows a 25A breaker, main relay, branches off to the H-Bridge Simple Set and continues to the P/F Driver which then connects to the forward reverse motor...
The Control assembly lists a fuse LT 35 2A fuse holder assembly that goes to the H-bridge Assembly. I just can't located anything about the breaker box :D

Your machiner is a bit newer than mine, but I think the location is the same. Look for a panel held on with four screws aft of the battery box at the base of the carriage.
Dave

Ruffneck

Called Brett at Wood Village WM. He said they had some tight brushes in some new motors before. He's going to get me a new one and it's covered under my warranty. I went out after that and just tapped it a bit with my fist smiley_smash and it started to feed. Made me feel cool like Fonzy smiley_thumbsup
The fuse on the power feed should self reset he said.
Thanks Brett and everyone else for their input!
Time to run some wood through the planer :)

Thank You Sponsors!