iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

picking up my motor on friday!(453 Loading up and lots of white smoke)

Started by RKH Logging, August 12, 2014, 10:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKH Logging

Well it has been over a month, but the shop finally called me today and told me my motor will be ready friday to pick up. I know its good news but they should have just called me Friday and surprised me, now i wont be able to sleep, thinking about getting it all put back together. i have not picked up a chain saw in over a month and put on 10 pounds since then. sitting in the backhoe for 12hrs a day is not my thing. I will be glad to get back in the bush and try to make up what i lost. i'm hoping to put the motor in saturday. ill keep you guys posted with some pics of the install. for the mean while here is some pics of the backhoe jobs ive taken on since being out of the bush, ohh and some repairs and jumping the 50. enjoy guys!

barbender

Sweet jump on the 50, glory hound! I used to do a lot of basement waterproofing with my grandad, I don't miss that (I miss working with grandad, just not mopping tar on a block wall. Grandpa ran the hoe, and I played in the hole :D)
Too many irons in the fire

Maine logger88

Nice looking equipment what size excavator and backhoe 307 and 416? At least you are keeping busy!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

RKH Logging

Quote from: Maine logger88 on August 12, 2014, 11:56:47 PM
Nice looking equipment what size excavator and backhoe 307 and 416? At least you are keeping busy!
[/quote

Yea 416 and a 308. The 308 was another contractor i brought in for that job. The fiftys got a 88 big bore its rocks!!

rockwall

Thanks for the update, we want to know how you make out. What did they do to the motor? Was it the same people who worked on it as before?

RKH Logging

Well i finaly got time this weekend to put the motor in. It took 5 hrs. I put l the hood and rad in today. I just got to pour oil in it and bleed the fuel and ill have it running in the morning. The guy who did it this time was not the same as last year. They did the liner o rings complete gasket kit through the hole motor and rings and sleeves. Here some pics of picking it up and the install. Ill get some picks this week of it pulling some wood.

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

tantoy

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

rockwall

Looks great, thanks for the update. Just think, now you have a great rebuilt motor and won't have to worry about that anymore!

David-L

Good luck, never fun to be down. Hope it runs great. love the crane pickup.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

RKH Logging

On her way to the bush. Ive been waiting a long time for this day.

chester_tree _farmah

Congratulations!  Another nice old skidder back to life. Love those old Clarks. Nice machines.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

lopet

I hope you had have her checked out real good before you headed out.  I always seem to forget to tighten a bolt or hydraulic fitting or whatever and than realize the problem later, when i don't have the proper tools with me. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

RKH Logging

I went over everything real good before i headed out. And i have abundence of tools where ever i go.

coxy

Quote from: RKH Logging on August 29, 2014, 10:07:30 AM
On her way to the bush. Ive been waiting a long time for this day.

must say never seen it done that way before  ;D how many power lines did you take down looks a little high   :) :) :) and I must say you got bigger    then I got to load it on a truck :D :D looks good on there    how is she running

RKH Logging

[/quote] must say never seen it done that way before  ;D how many power lines did you take down looks a little high   :) :) :) and I must say you got bigger    then I got to load it on a truck :D :D looks good on there    how is she running
[/quote]

It wasent to bad loading it but unloading in the pitch black in the bush sucked. Highth was 13.8. 

timberlinetree

Nice job! Glad your back in the woods. That little dirt bike is really cool!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

RKH Logging

Here some pics of the skidder finaly at the bush lot. Ive still been working a few bugs out of it. The front crank seal is leaking does any body know what the steps are to replace it?

treeslayer2003

its not a big deal, pull the front pulley, pull old seal drive in new...........it is tight and may need to remove radiator........i know ya just did that lol.
they didn't put one in it?

North River Energy

Part #4bt should stop the oil leak.... :)

Wonder if maybe the crank pulley is grooved and needs a speedi-sleeve?

That machine is so clean it almost looks fake.

Thank You Sponsors!