iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White Pine

Started by bannerd, December 02, 2022, 07:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannerd

What are you all charging for a semi-truck load of white pine per 1,000bf?  Trying to find a logger in the Malone NY area so I can cut some lumber.

I had my land logged off years ago so slim pickings and would be better off bringing material in.

mudfarmer

Not sure on current pricing but last few years have been pretty wild. Be sitting down when you get the #s.

I think you will be competing with mostly the amish, if the shed business is still going hot it will likely be stiff competition price and supply wise. It may be hard to snag just a single load without connections? Watch out that you don't end up with the load of stuff that nobody else wanted, have seen it happen a few times.

ehp

I'm on the other side of the border but white pine here is paying the most it ever has , stuff that can make 24 ft timbers is paying pretty good coin , $150/1000 more than last winter 

rdobb13

Any markets in Ohio aside from pulp?  Looking at a job that would have sawlog sized pine but I have no clue how to market it.  It's a fair sized chunk of the 50 acre clearcut, 10-12 acres.  The paper mill bid on it and want it but couldn't get the deal made.  

SwampDonkey

10" and up, 8',10',12',14' only $430/th here. And in my area most of the sawlog trees have been high graded for years or so few that they weren't bothered with and let stand on clear cuts. You'd think if it were more scarce the price would be higher. Doesn't work that way in NB I can assure you of that. :D All Home Depot Canada stores sell Irving pine trim exclusively, even Ontario. When you have the monopoy on pine it's a buyers market. :D In some markets here spruce is worth more than pine @ $620/th and even fir is worth more @ $550/th.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

g_man

That's how it is in the local market here too. #1 and #2 pine saw logs are both $400 and S/F down to 5" is $500.

gg

240b

pine 475.00/m  10-16' 10"+  per txt from local pine mill.   trk usually scales 10K feet.
 Hemlock 327.00   same spec.      central vt.

SwampDonkey

Used to laugh driving on one of the bridges on the new (2007) 4-lane. A pine was growing from the river bottom up as high as the railing on the bridge. I used to say, 'now we can pick pine cones from the bridge'. ;D Sadly over the years road salt burned the needles and killed the tree.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Clark

Quote from: g_man on December 04, 2022, 07:38:15 AM
That's how it is in the local market here too. #1 and #2 pine saw logs are both $400 and S/F down to 5" is $500.

gg

So what you're saying is you are sitting on a gold mine?  :D

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

g_man

Quote from: Clark on December 04, 2022, 04:39:12 PM
Quote from: g_man on December 04, 2022, 07:38:15 AM

gg

So what you're saying is you are sitting on a gold mine?  :D

Clark
More like fools gold.
gg

SwampDonkey

Would be nice if it were. I've got thousands of fir and spruce and very few pine. ;D I've always said $600 or better for spruce and fir would make me consider it. The logger and trucker need their cut then the government wants a 1/3 of my share. What ever you think your getting in the end, just divide by 6. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!