iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

great dump find...stupid people..

Started by zopi, May 16, 2009, 02:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Went to the dump station this morning to drop off a very dead dishwasher...and sitting there is a pressure washer..looked it over, and its got one of those base model honda engines on it...five horse horizontal shaft just like my splitter...so I ask the fella working there isf I can have it...No Scavenging!  So he says its alright, but not to
bother the pile of stuff he was taking home  ;D ::)

I figured to save the engine for a spare....but I hooked a hose up to it and it works like a charm...the pump even unloads right...won't re-load without throttling down..but for free I think I can deal with it...

now, both tillers are clean, the tractors  got washed, and I'm eyeballing the house....but I am holding out for a
24' house wand... :D

Life is good sometimes.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

timberfaller390

One mans junk....    I have made some pretty good dump finds myself. The best was a loader bucket with broken mounts in the scrap iron pile.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Dave Shepard

I was given a pressure washer that does the same thing. There is a pressure relief valve on the pump, and the plunger galls the bore. Turn it 90 degrees, and it should re-load just fine. ;) :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Mooseherder

Somebody is picking up a Dish Washer and commenting about who left it there right about now. :D ;D

Warbird

Quote from: Mooseherder on May 16, 2009, 04:02:32 PM
Somebody is picking up a Dish Washer and commenting about who left it there right about now. :D ;D

LOL  That's what I thought.

zopi

Nahh...the dishwasher was trash...literally...it was a cheap dishwasher 15 years ago...

's been a good day...two possible sawing jobs fell into my lap...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

olyman

's been a good day...two possible sawing jobs fell into my lap...
[/quote]   bet that was heavy in your lap ::)

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Bibbyman

My ol' dishwasher is going on 57 but if I took her to the dump, she'd just thump me and make me take her back home.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

Hey, Bibby, how would that be different than any other day?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Dan_Shade on May 17, 2009, 04:39:43 AM
Hey, Bibby, how would that be different than any other day?

Dan,

Well, for one thing, he'd get to see the dump...

Herb

isawlogs

And he'd get to feel da thump    ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LeeB

And mebbe even a swift boot in da rump.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

maestro

And just think, this whole thing got started over a pump!
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

Warbird

Mooseherder

John Woodworth

Zopi: I have a 24' house wand and want to forwarn you, you'll earn your pay using one, they are a chore to use especialy when you have it fully extended and almost vertical and hit the spray, makes a fine dance trying to keep it from blowing over backwords.
Good luck with your find.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

zopi

I had figured on that...I used one a few years back..and it is a pain..but not nearly so bad as moving my 30' extension ladder around...two story house with big shrubs up front.

Thinking about it, I might split the difference and just get a longer tube for the gun..and use a shorter ladder...it'd sure be cheaper..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Modat22

Never understood why scavenging was bad, some of my fondest memories where mom and I keeping an eye out during junk pick-ups...

remember man that thy are dust.

Hi-Country Orange

Nothing like a good day of dumpster diving   8) 8)

beenthere

What is the reason for pressure washing the house?

It blows water in behind the siding (not good), and removes good wood (along with some loose fibers and some loose paint).

If a mildew problem, then a soaking of bleach solution, and a rinse down of low pressure water will remove the black, grey and brighten the siding.

I don't see any good coming from the pressure washing. Enlighten me, please.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

zopi

vinyl siding...gets gnasty around here..algae on the north side....bleach works for a week or so...we hose the house down with bleach/water then pressure wash with a wide angle nozzle, then rinse...good for a year or so...now I do agree with you...if it were the original wood clapboard< I wouldn't be...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!