iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

baby Shiloh's new Crib with pictures

Started by blaze83, June 08, 2011, 11:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze83

Here is the latest project, a new baby crib I made for my wife and soon to be baby girl, Shiloh. The crib is all walnut, the butterflies are cherry and the flower is figured ash. Next up is a changing table if i have time before the 24th of July when we are due  :) The crib is finished with four coats of high gloss tongue oil, sanded with steel wool between each coat.

here is a picture with the side folded down

side folded up

close up of the headboard raised panels and the butterflies and flower which where my dad and wifes idea :D

I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

bedway

For what ever its worth, im a cabinet maker and i admire your craftsmanship and design, well done.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

WDH

That crib is beautiful!  I love the figure and the knots in the walnut.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Very nice indeed.  There was some love in that craftsmanship.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dodgy Loner

Wow, it's so pretty I almost want to curl up and sleep it :D

You've got a lucky family :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

metalspinner

8) 8)

Looks great, blaze!

Now you need a matcking dresser, side table, changing table, wadrobe..... :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Patty

Your crib is absolutely beautiful! One of the nicest I have ever seen. Good job!!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ron Scott

~Ron

blaze83

thanks every one for the nice words and compliments, I would like to start on some more furniture soon, but have a ton of other things to do also. The baby is due July 24th, so I have a small window to get things done. the next piece will be the changing table if i get to it.

thanks again for the support and compliments,

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

jamesamd

8) absolutely beautiful Blaze!very,very well done!
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Coon

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Lud

Real nice work, Blaze.  Have you engraved the bottom about your making it since this should be a family heirloom someday.  Maybe setting up a list for all the future occupant's names.  Quite a keeper! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thecfarm

Looking forward to some pictures of Shiloh in the crib. Good job on the crib.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

metalspinner

QuoteMaybe setting up a list for all the future occupant's names.

On the bottom of the slats of the cradle I made for our family, I carve all the vitals of the big day. Time, weight, length, etc.  So far there are five babies info recorded. :) A couple of years ago, my wife and I had a disagreement on how much our first son weighed at birth.  Needless to say, I was wrong.  Don't ever argue with a woman about the size of her baby.  And never, NEVER!, under-remember the weight. :D :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Chris's comment about baby weight made me think about my youngest daughter.  She was born 3 1/2 months premature and weighed 1 pound 13 ounces.  She struggled to survive, but she was a real battler.  Now, she is 21 years old and just got accepted into the University of Georgia School of Veterinary Medicine as a junior, one year early, which is very hard to do.  Her situation came out much better than most in her circumstances, and we are very proud and thankful.  A person's children is in many ways their legacy.

Blaze, I wish that I had the skills at that time to build her a cradle like yours, and Chris, I wish that I had carved her birth date and weight in the wood of the cradle.  She certainly deserved it.

That cradle will be a treasure for many many years to come!  Thank you for sharing this.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

Wow that is a beautiful crib Blaze! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Danny tell your daughter congratulations from a stranger in Iowa.  :)

GF

That is very nice, and one of a kind and should be treasured for a long time.   
Great job!

Gary

hackberry jake

I just did a search on baby cribs trying to find Magicmans crip and I found this. Simply amazing. I don't think the one I build will look nearly as clean.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!