iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shooting at Virginia Tech

Started by Wudman, April 16, 2007, 05:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wudman

For those of you that may not know, the was an on campus shooting at Virginia Tech this morning.  There are now confirmed 33 dead and 29 injured.  Tech is my Alma Mater.  Many friends, family, and colleagues are currently there.  I want to thank Jeff for adding the memorial to the homepage.  Please keep all of the families in your prayers. 

Jeff W.
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

sundropkid

Im about an 1 1/2 myself and its a shock. Dont really think it has truley set in yet as to the size of this. The largest in us school history. :(

SwampDonkey

A friend used to work there, up to one year ago and I've spend some time there when visiting. So I know exactly where Blacksburgh, Christiansburgh and Radford are.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chris Burchfield

My Butcher Mr. Jim @ Kroger has a daughter that along with her Phd. does the high case profiling on such. She was called today by President Bush who personally requested her dispatch. Jim said she text messaged him saying she was "in the air, (private jet for such incidents) on the ground and on the scene." I wished her the best of luck and prayers sorting it out. She sat two days in the school house where the Minonite(?) children were shot. Piecing together the movements and actions of the occupants. My heart and prayers to those suffering this afternoon.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Don P

This is so sad. Alot of local kids are up there, please keep the families in your prayers tonight.

rewimmer

Hello Wudman,
I posted this reply on Hokiemills post on this forum this afternoon. I felt it related to this post, so I pasted it here also.
I live about 20 minutes from Virginia Tech. We have many friends there and we use their veterinarian service. The doctors and students are very devoted and really treat our horses super. Dr. Bond at VA Tech furnished  plans to me for a solar kiln and was very helpful in answering my questions. A lot of our neighbors and friends are employed there.
We in our little community are offering our prayers and help.
Thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts from a devastated sawyer.
Robert in Virginia

BrandonTN

How terribly sad it is.  I'll definitely be praying.
Forester, Nantahala National Forest

CLL

Whats so sad is all the families that have to suffer.
Too much work-not enough pay.

sawguy21

I was really afraid I would find someone here who is directly affected.  I am shocked, deeply saddened and my heart goes out to the friends and families.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LedlieLogs

For all the folks who are hurting this night, God Bless.
Ledlie
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

Tom_in_Mo.

Another attach on American folks. American lives taken for what reason?What a shame. Parents worring when their kids going off to school  getting their education, adapting to today society,which is changing everyday and not in their worst dreams worrying about a mass murder.
I have a son graduating this year from high school and starting college in July. Yes, I have been worring about my son, because he is a true country boy leaving for college in a larger city. Is this another thing to worry about? I guess it is,uh?
I seen where leaders from other countries making statement like, America is just to lax on "gun control"  FOLKS GUNS DON'T KILL.
When I was in law enforcement, I told my wife, if I was killed in the line of duty where a gun was an issue, just remember it wasn't the gun that killed me.
When God isn't allowed anymore then evil will take over. Our country was founded "UNDER GOD" GUTS AND GUNS. (The 3-G'S)

"GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Carries-Mom

It was truly a sad thing to hear about all the kids being shot, by another student.  All of the families whose lives were turned upside down through this tragedy.  Our prayers go out to all of them.  I wonder what the school system will be like when my daughter goes to school.  I just hope things change for the better real soon.  You're right, Tom, guns don't kill.

dundee

Our thoughts are with you all, I was travelling back from NY when I heard the news on stopover in Kuala Lumpur, so, so sad

Richard
New Zealand

ohsoloco

What a horrible event, and I was just shocked when I saw the 5 o'clock news this evening.  A boy from Bellefonte was killed in the shooting, he was a grad student there.  My first ever mobile sawing job was for his family, and I remember him helping out that weekend.  Really hits home  :'(

red

Orange and Maroon Day

I just heard on CNN that today is Orange and Maroon Day

the school colors for VT
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

submarinesailor

Got mine on.  Does anyone else have the colors on???????????

Bruce

Wudman

With all of the tragedy surrounding this event, I have seen human spirit at its best.  Today is "Hokie Hope - Orange & Maroon" day.  Travelling around the area, everywhere one looks, I see the Hokie colors.  Going through town this morning, the majority of businesses were displaying Maroon and Orange Ribbons.  I stopped in a law office....Hokie colors.  I stopped at my daughter's school to drop off a check at lunch.  The student body was assembled around the Bell Tower for a moment of silence and a ringing of the bell in honor of those that died.  I was invited into the circle.

I was 300 miles from home yesterday.  People noticed my VT shirt and offered their condolences for the events that occurred.  My Mother received 49 phone calls from people checking to be sure that my sister was alright.  This support has come from around the world.  The candle light vigil held at VT was one of the most inspiring things I have ever witnessed.  In the aftermath of this tragic event, humanity and kindness has prevailed.  We are the HOKIE NATION.  God Bless.

Jeff W.     
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Don P

Same here, the colors were all around here today, we were in town at a local diner today that has the walls already decorated in VT sports paraphanelia, the diners were all dressed too. The employees at Lowe's and their vehicles were sporting colors and pendants, many houses flew the VT flag at half staff. Locally our twin county area was lucky, all the kids are now home. I sure feel for those parents who's kids will never come home.

http://www.vt.edu/
http://www.lansingcartoons.com/

Thank You Sponsors!