iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new mill

Started by firefighter, November 01, 2009, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter

Well we got our first try at the new Peterson WPF mill we purchased this year .I picked it up in June but with my job we  were away all summer in BC with the forest fire sitition. The mill worked great we milled a few log my two sons and my self .We also had a few visitors watching ,they were impressed with how it milled the log and did not have to keep turning the log and it wae the first time they had ever seen a swingmill . I am very pleased I bought tis type of mill .Will send pictures soon .

fishpharmer

Congratulations on getting to play with your new toy.
I don't think I could have waited that long.

Look forward to the pics.
Do you have a big project planned?

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

I was quite impressed with the first swingmill I saw.Congrats and may all your projects come out square.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don K

Congrats on the new mill, sorry for such a long wait to use it.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

firefighter

I forgot to mention I also got to use the new Logrite fetching arch that has been sitting in my garage all summer along with the mill .The arch works great and a few bystanders were quite impressed with it as they had never seen one before .As it turns out had to by something to move the mill and arch so my wife sugested a truck and tralier and we picked up a good deal on a 2005 GMC truck and a cargo tralier that is 14.3 feet long in side dimensions a great rig to store the mill and arch .My wife really surprised me when she suggested this ,could use a Bobcat but I wont push my luck .

Coon

Don't think you'll be pushin' your luck. You seem to know the right buttons to push already.  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

mcfcfan

Hi Firefighter,

So pleased you are using your new Peterson now 8)
Can you remeber all the tips that Chris gave you when we met in Fort Francis earlier this year? :P :P
I still have sawdust in my boots from that trip we cut so much lumber :D
Happy milling my friend, hopefully we will meet again one day.
All the best Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

firefighter

Well McFcFan I can not remember a lot of his tricks ,but I will most likely have some of my own after I do it for a while .I have a question can a person mill stickers and use them rightaway ? I also went to a lumber yard and they let me take some presure treated stickers ,are these good to use ?

James P.

firefighter congratulations on starting to use your mill. I was wondering if you had any knowledge of this. A friend of mine who no longer runs a mill but still tinkers has been using a log arch for many years . I had never seen the Logrite prior to joining the forum. When I asked him where he had gotten the natural arched axle he said it came from a fire truck. maybe you or bandmiller2 have seen this type of axle before. it does have spoked rims so it may have been quite old of a truck. He used a hydraulic cylinder and roller chain with tongs and used it with the hydraulics off his tractor. Just curious. thanks James

Ernie

Congrats on finally getting to use the new mill.

The handiest hint that I have is to get the bystanders involved as off bearers ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Magicman

Congratulations on making sawdust..... 8)  That's what it's all about..... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter

Thanks for the repleys .Magicman my sons havebeen making the sawdust they like using the mill ,my turn will come I tried one or two passes and it worked well .James P I have not seen these types of axel,I purchased the LogRite fetching arch because it looked well built and ther cant hooks are great ,I also got ahookeroonbut it is sitting on the wall off my tralier still dont want to get it dirty .

firefighter

Could some one tellme how to post pictures from album to a subject post

fstedy

Good Luck with your new mill.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Thank You Sponsors!