iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PLAN C

Started by Deese, December 19, 2019, 11:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

After burning up two mofset modules in a row, I decided to make a minor adjustment or two until I have time to determine the issue. 

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Nebraska

Desperate times call for desperate measures or so it looks.  Good  life hack.(at least I think it qualifies as such) ;D

YellowHammer

Wow, what's WM told you as a possible cause?
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Deese

Quote from: YellowHammer on December 20, 2019, 12:50:45 AM
Wow, what's WM told you as a possible cause?
I'm fairly sure I have solved the puzzle...There is a short wire (2 connected wires I guess) that is red on one end and black on opposite end connected with a small diode. The little diode is not visible, as it is shrink wrapped in black rubber. The diode failed, which then fried the mofset gadget. Well...what do we all do when something like this needs replacing? We call WM and order it. That's exactly what I did. The box arrived and it contained the new Mofset gadget and all of the wires to replace  the old wires. Well, all of the wires except for that one short wire containing the diode. I followed the instructions came with package. Fairly simple if you are in a distraction-free area. Hooked it all back up and bam, started sparking and smoking and back to square one. If they would have included that single wire, I would have been good to go. But instead, I lost what small amount of money I had budgeted for spare parts and still no autoclutch. The DeWalt actually does a great job but now I think I've slightly bent the shaft coming out of the gearbox. 
I'm sawing at this very moment finishing a cypress beam order that's leaving here 4:45AM (4 hours from now) going near your neck of the woods, YH. Timberframe build. 
Cooks AE4P Edger

Deese

I didn't mean to sound like I was publicly smashing WM for what had happened. The guys I always deal with are great. Really. It's probably my fault, as I should have known better. You live and learn. Yes, I'm still frustrated but not pointing fingers at anyone but myself I guess. I did read the manual and it does mention the possibility of a bad diode. So that really puts me at fault for not being thorough enough. However, I sure could have used that new little wire. All is good I reckon. 
Cooks AE4P Edger

terrifictimbersllc

Where is this mosfet?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Deese

Cooks AE4P Edger

terrifictimbersllc

Oh-that one-thanks.

You going to get a nap before morning?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Deese

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on December 20, 2019, 02:22:15 AM
Oh-that one-thanks.

You going to get a nap before morning?
I'm paying someone to deliver. I've gotta go pick up my new log splitter first thing, then it's naptime. 
Cooks AE4P Edger

YellowHammer

You are certainly working late, late nights trying to get done, I congratulate you.  

Ingenious solution with the drill.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!