LogRite Open House 2022

Started by Tam-i-am, March 08, 2022, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

First time seeing this. Thanks for tagging me. Pretty sure I'll be there.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Old Greenhorn

Well, I figured you were loaded with work, but I tagged you anyway because I thought if you missed the notice and had wanted to go, I would feel worse for not mentioning it. Seems like quite the party now!
 Besides the stuff I already ordered, I think I am gonna pick up a pickeroon to leave at the mill. I hope they have some 30" in stock.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

terrifictimbersllc

The 30" pickaroon  is one of my most favorite tools. 

I need a 48" peavey. Going to check out scratch/dent inventory for this.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Crusarius

I need another pickaroon, mine resides in the bed of my truck now so I can reach in and not have to climb up inside :)

terrifictimbersllc

Mine too, and a 48" one as well.

Old Greenhorn

Well, this would be my third one. I keep one on the Mule and it is used mostly for firewood handling and splitting. It is about 18". I have a second one about 24" in the truck box so it is with me wherever I happen to be working. Both of those are made by Peavey Mfg. Co. in Maine and I find them to be good tools. But I don't have a LogRite and I would like to have a pickeroon that lives at the mill because when I need it, either I have to walk to the truck to get it, or it is not even there because I drove a machine down to the mill and my truck isn't there. I am just getting lazy and want to have the right tools in the right place at the time I need them. Mostly at the mill I only use the pickeroon for handling slabs and not too often at that. Still, when I don't have it, I miss it.
 Dennis, I can ask you on Saturday, but what do you use the long hook for?
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

terrifictimbersllc

Can reach anything in my truck bed with it.

Crusarius

I got a little smart with mine. I took a piece of 1/2" or 3/8" fuel line and put it over the pointy end. The pointy end was to sharp and I kept puncturing stuff. So now with the fuel hose over it, it works great.

Easy remove for mill use also.

jeeper9574

I am planning to be there at some point on Saturday. I don't post much but follow along most days and look forward to meeting some of you.

I was lucky enough to receive a Logrite cant hook as part of the Christmas contest a couple years ago and found out we are practically neighbors (next town over). I met Tammy and Kevin and got a tour of their shop when I went to pick it up.

I am also hoping to get a pickaroon while I am there. 

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on April 19, 2022, 07:33:55 PM
The 30" pickaroon  is one of my most favorite tools.

I need a 48" peavey. Going to check out scratch/dent inventory for this.
I was on the phone with Shaina at LogRite this morning (actually 3 times) adjusting a pre-order I placed and learned that they will not have regular stock at the open house, only scratch and dent. So I asked her to check on a 30" hookeroon for me and she found one which she stuck my name on and I paid for it. Dennis, if you are looking for a peavy, maybe you want to call ahead and do the same? Perhaps they could convert a cant hook to a peavy if they know in advance?
 Anyway, just a heads up for everybody.. See y'all Saturday!

Wildflower

As long as everything goes good we will be at the hotel around 5 or 5:30. Looking forward to seeing Tammy and Kevin.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Old Greenhorn

What time did you get on the road?

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: jeeper9574 on April 20, 2022, 10:38:33 AM
I am planning to be there at some point on Saturday. I don't post much but follow along most days and look forward to meeting some of you.

I was lucky enough to receive a Logrite cant hook as part of the Christmas contest a couple years ago and found out we are practically neighbors (next town over). I met Tammy and Kevin and got a tour of their shop when I went to pick it up.

I am also hoping to get a pickaroon while I am there.
Hey @jeeper9574  , just make sure you find one of us and let us know whom you are. I will likely be walking around in either a FF hat that Kitty made and Thecfarm donated as a contest prize, or a Woodsman Forest Products hat. I know Jeff and Tammy arrived safely this evening and went right to Logrite.
 It will be great to see all you folks tomorrow. Now Dennis planted a seed an I realize I do not yet own a peavy, so tomorrow I may fix that too. I could use another 48" hook for this portable job coming up.

Old Greenhorn

Well, we may have a slight problem. Just before bed last night I started to get little waves of vertigo and I walked like a drunk. This morning when I woke up, it's worse. This hasn't flared in several years and I am not sure why it is now. I am going to take a shot at making the drive, but if we don't show up, this is likely why. Dang I'd hate to miss this. I will have to drive over there anyway to pick up a large order, it will just mean missing the open house.
 Let's see how the day goes.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trimguy

Man, I hope it straightens out , I know your looking forward to it.

Old Greenhorn

Man, it was a rough day for me. I did drive over with my wife, and we had a blast but I was wobbling like a drunk and feeling quite poorly. We were there for a few hours and had to leave, but no way could I drive home, so my wife did the duty.

I would like to thank Kevin and Tammy and the whole LogRite team for putting on a super event with lots of things going on and great food provided. It was great to meet the folks I have been talking to on the phone. Opportunities for networking and renewing friendships were all around. It was great to see a good chunk of our crew and spend some time with them. I was sorry to leave but most glad we made it and I cam home with, literally, a truck load of 'stuff'.

We did pose for a group photo and I am sure it will be forthcoming, but I don't recall who's phone has the photo. I couldn't focus well enough or barely stand still to take any photo's. But I suspect there may be some video coming out eventually because as we were eating lunch with Tammy, she said to me "Do you hear him calling you?" I looked all around, then UP and there was this crazy guy up on the roof waving and shooting video. At least I think That's what I saw, but as I said, I am really woozy and groggy.
 Thanks again everyone, great day!

I never di ask Dennis if he got the peavy he went there for. ;D :D (I know I got one.)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I sure do hope you all had a great time and visit.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Jeff

There will be video! But it'll be a couple days. Logrite secrets and surprises shall be revealed!!

terrifictimbersllc

terrifictimbersllc

Yes, I got the 48 inch peavey, And three rubber grips for the other ones that are in the back of my truck.

Thanks to Tammy and Kevin for hosting us. And for the lunch ticket to the food truck. 

It was so good to be there. Made up a little bit for not being able to attend Customsawyer's's event couple weeks ago.

And Tom for bringing me a mushroom log.

Old Greenhorn

Great, then success was had by all! I am seriously thinking about doing some pre-inoculated logs next year. I have had a few requests, but resistant to buying the tolls and supplies I'd need. Glad I could help you out with a log at least.

Since I am hoping these Open Houses can now continue each year, I should probably plan on lumping my heavier purchases for legs and such in the spring and just call it a 'pickup run'. Save a bunch in freight. I don't know what it would have cost to ship 2 pairs of those picnic table legs but I am sure it was a lot more than my fuel costs for the day. Now if I could just control my 'impulse buying'. :D

I just heard form our long distance runners that they are in Ohio and steaming home on the final leg. I hope Dr_Buck and Kitty are faring as well.

DR Buck

Kitty and I got home mid afternoon Sunday.  We took the scenic route thru all the big nasty cities because it was Sunday.   Made it home in just over 8 hours.

We had a great time visiting Kevin and Tammy and meeting up with several forum members.   The open house was great and we came home with some cool stuff.

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught