iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Better keep your mind on your business

Started by Haytrader, January 31, 2008, 06:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Do any of you have mechanical experience with a 1110 timberjack forwarder? I have a friend how has one, it was built in europe, it has a problem with movement. One day it starts and moves forward and backward next time you can't move it. Locked right up.
Ed K

Stephen Alford

Hey Ed ! this may not apply  but I was wondering if anyone has heard of this. A guy here had a machine that would not move , he had replaced the gear oil in the rearend with full synthetic oil. Water got in ,with the old 80-90 the oil would get creamy and stiff, but with the full synthetic the water "completely seperates" and froze. I still run 80-90 but found the story interesting but do not know if it is factual.  ??? Stephen
logon

Gary_C

Ed

It could certainly have water in one of the differentials and on cold days it freezes and warm days not. Pull the drain plugs and you could see either water, ice or oil.

Stephen

Never heard that. However any oil and water will not mix. Yes, you can get it stirred together in a milky mess, but when you stop mixing, the water will settle out.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

barbender

Is that Mike Rieger you're talking about Gary? I've heard that he's the largest CTL operation in the country, don't know if that's true or not, I know he's the biggest in minnesota for sure. From what I understand, he's just a regular guy, real down to earth.You don't put all that equpment in the woods if it isn't making money.
Too many irons in the fire

Gary_C

Yes, it is Mike and he sure is a nice guy. Gave me some very good advice when I was looking at harvesters.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ed_K

GaryC, this machine has been like this since he bought it last summer. They did check the oils tho to cross that off the list. My son thinks it should be hooked to a computer anilizer and do some resetting? I've never heard of this or gotten into the mechanics of these new machines.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!