iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Pig Roast

Started by Radar67, July 18, 2011, 04:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Looks like my Pig Roast will be drilling for liquid gold the first week of August. Water that is, it is gold to me down here in the South. Without it, nothing happens....
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Magicman

We just came through Collins on the way home from Pascagoula.  I thought about you.   :)

We parked the RV in Gautier.  (pronounced "Go sha" for you non French speaking folks)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Papa1stuff

My Son lives in Go sha ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

Did you hire a dowser?

I think a French speaking person would be confused by that pronunciation. Marcel, what say you? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Radar67

I dowsed it myself. Have a good spot picked out. Expecting to have to go 200 feet. The first 100 feet with all equipment included will be $3300. I think he said an additional $8 a foot after that.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

isawlogs

Very confused ...  :D :D    Go-tee-eh   would be much closer to how it would be pronouned in French. How you-all pronounce it is a whole nutter story ;D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

We use Coonass French.    :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Them 601 fellows have a hard enough time reading english,let alone trying to interperate french.  :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

dovetails

The first 100 feet with all equipment included will be $3300. I think he said an additional $8 a foot after that

WOW!!  I know it's been 20 years, but my 120 foot deep 2" well
was $420.00, & $15.00 to hook up the pump! You must have rock down there?
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

ely

20 years ago my 120 ft well was 12 dollars a ft. that was cased 4inch well.

Raider Bill

In 2007 mine was $11.00 a foot to drill and $11.00 ft for casing. A little over 800 ft cost $11k I believe with all costs included. This was in Tenn on top of my hill.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Radar67

This will be a 4 inch cased well with a 1 3/4 horse pump. It will have a standard tank instead of a bladder tank. My neighbor had a ledge of rock at 20 foot, but it didn't go very far. Compared to some of the prices I have heard the members from the Northern states paying, this is a good deal.

Raider Bill

Mine is 6" cased. The pump and tank are not included in that price.

Gary_C

Quote from: Radar67 on July 19, 2011, 09:57:03 AM
This will be a 4 inch cased well with a 1 3/4 horse pump. It will have a standard tank instead of a bladder tank.

I drilled a new well back in the 1990's and it went 180 feet deep and cost about $1750 for the well and 6" casing.

But I am surprised that you are drilling a 4" well. They are not well accepted around here because the small diameter pumps required for that diameter are not as good as the larger diameter pumps that fit in 6" wells. And there are no standard tanks here either, just bladder tanks. Standard tanks are just too much trouble with constant recharge of the air head.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Radar67

It will be a 4 inch deep well pump, not sure what the size of the casing will be. The standard tank is due to the iron content of the water in the local area.

Corley5

In 1995 a 280' 5" PVC well complete with a big pump( I think it's a 15gpm?  I'd need to check the records  :) )and 60 gal pressure tank cost me in the neighborhood of $7,500.00.  No rock, just sand/gravel and then alternating clay and sand layers in the water bearing formation.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WildDog

Last year I bought 9 acres of black soil in town to grow some hay, water is at 17ft and the bore apparently runs at 4000 gals an hour, the bore was a bonus, when the vendor subdivided the blocks for sale he intended on keeping the bore within his house block boundary unfortunatley for him the bore ended up being on my place. :-\ He is a good neighbour and I would never deny him access to it while ever I own the block, actually he is that good that he has given me access to another 4 acres of his to graze free of charge.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

SwampDonkey

Don't know how much this one cost at the house. It's been there for eons, father had a pump and plumbing to the house added in the 70's. Pump was replaced in the 90's. But the well has been there for a dang long time. It would have been hand pumped in the beginning. No taste of any kind to it and cold as ice.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

The rig finally made it to my place at noon today. They plan to be finished by noon tomorrow, already at 65 feet before 4:00 pm.

It will be nice to have water on site when I want it. Like when I want a good soaking while dripping in sweat, or a good cold drink, straight from the hose.... ;)

fishpharmer

Looks like it happened a long time ago with the black and white pics.   :D     The well is huge step toward getting out on your place.  Way to go!!!

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Dave Shepard

Is that a drill, or a pounder? The drill rigs around here are all on tandem or triaxle rigs with 500 HP Cummins engines on them.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Water, water everywhere.  Looking good Terry.   smiley_thumbsup

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Yep water is a giant step in the right direction!
Congrats!
Do you have power there yet?

Thank You Sponsors!