iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I have 56° this morning!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

BIG storm last night  I had to get up at 2 am hook up the tracter to the gen set 

Nancy told me come hell or high water she better have water for her shower be for she gos to work well happy wife happy life :)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Was 54F this morning and now in the 70's and muggy. Garden will jump this week. I watered again because all we get is mist. Got an ash tree dropping leaves, so dry down in the dirt.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

High on 92 today here and the humidity averaged 80%, certainly not as bad as down @EOTE 's way, but rough on me none the less. As I have already given up more than a few quarts of sweat int he last 3 days and was pretty tired int eh muscle department. I became a bum for the day. ;D I did some chores and trimmed some things up and 'networked' with a couple of customers, jawed with a neighbor, etc. and live streamed some really good bluegrass. This is normally the week I would be roasting in the middle of an open hay field working at the Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival. This year it is canceled but they are doing a heck of a job putting on 4 days of live stream, so I am happy to be distracted by that. Weather wise, this would be an average year on "The Fahm", not overly hot, not overly wet, but pretty dry and dusty, I'm sure. Still, I really miss it and all my co-workers.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Walnut Beast

95 here with a 109 heat index

SwampDonkey

Quote from: goose63 on July 18, 2020, 09:39:46 AM
BIG storm last night  I had to get up at 2 am hook up the tracter to the gen set

Nancy told me come hell or high water she better have water for her shower be for she gos to work well happy wife happy life :)
:D :D
No more sleeping in - YouTube

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

Potatos back in the early 80 the x and I planted a bunsh of potatos not knowing there had been pigs there for years let me tell you them taters got DanG huge and solid some would feed the 5 of us at supper time
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

70° here this morning. Weeding out the herb bed yesterday, and that was causing sweat issues.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Was hot here yesterday, 95° with high humidity, I soaked through all my clothes completely with sweat. Not a lot of fun. Today they expect about the same. We had a short t-storm or two late in the day that dropped the temp about 15° for and hour or so, but then it came back up. Today looks dry.
 I have logs to move and firewood to cut and split, but I might go at it gently because we are going out to a real live music gig for the 1st time since February. All kinds of rules and precautions in place, and the crowd size is tiny (about 25 folks) in a theater that can handle about 300 or more. It is by invitation only to provide a live audience for the band who is live streaming the event. It is also the first performance in this venue after a million dollar renovation that began last year around this time. I don't want to be too tired for this. :D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Sixacresand

The local news is predicting 100° today. Let's be careful.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

SwampDonkey

Was 68F this morning early and has reached 85F this afternoon. AC has been on a couple days for sure. ;) The air is changing now though, NW wind coming in. Be in the 70's tomorrow and less humid. It never rained in the woods, but my cloths was just as wet. :D Nice to change them cloths for the drive home. ;)

New Husqvarna 555 FX brush saw working good, but still runs through a tank in an hour. At least these have adjustable carb jets and idle screw. Might be adjusting it a little bit. ;)

51cub

60 now but going uo to the high 80s. Humidity is supposed to be lower. Still moderate drought here but parts of the state have gone to normal. Not much more chance for rain until the weekend
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Ianab

Another cold weather spell forecast here. Not super cold, but down close to freezing. I've not advertised firewood for sale lately, but have 5 small loads lined up to deliver over the next week. Just word of mouth, "Anyone got dry firewood for sale?" "Yeah, call this guy..."  :D

I'm trying my best to keep it a hobby  ::) 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

70's and dry weather today, no muggies. Good cut'n weather, although I prefer 50F. :D

Adjusted the jets on the saw today, takes less gas now. No loss of power. Good thing, I'm cutting 30-35 foot tall fir down. Someone never showed them (mills) the criteria, 21 feet for softwood, max height.  :)

thecfarm

62° this morning. Had a shower that lasted a ½ hour. Heard some thunder  before it came, but no hard wind or really no hard rain either. I was inside eating supper when it came. Went back out after supper.

SwampDonkey

All we had yesterday morning and this morning was short duration showers, never even made the ground wet under the trees. 86F here right now, but not real humid. I'll be watering the garden tomorrow. I think the corn should be ready in 3 weeks after it flowers, right? I know it is almost 7 feet tall now. I'm not a big corn eater, so I don't plant much. Just enough for a taste, that's all it takes. ;)

SwampDonkey

Got to 83F today before the cloud cover moved in. Today we had the first hodge podge with new taters, string beans and carrots. Fried up some ground beef. Also a serving of cukes, which we have been eating for awhile form the garden. Also fresh strawberries from NS, which we have been enjoying for 3 weeks now with real ice cream on top. :)

Been a family of wild turkeys scratching in the garden. ::)

See'n 2 cobs per stalk forming on the corn, even as many as three. Must be the variety, usually only get one with this modern corn.

thecfarm

I have 74° this morning!! Looks to be a warm day coming.

SwampDonkey

Was 66F this morning and heavy fog. It is now 84F and lots muggy. By Wednesday it's going to get drier air from a cold front, but still 80 and dry and sunny into Friday. Said showers tonight and tomorrow, I wouldn't wait for it. :D

thecfarm

60° this morning!! Much cooler.

SwampDonkey

Was 72F here this morning and got to 82F this afternoon, but not as muggy. Showered in the night and some fog. Woods was wet, but ground under the trees was dry and tree stems was dry. Suppose to be showery tomorrow again and probably no sun. We have not had a rain, like pea sized, in months, just them grass wetting mists. A lot of gardens around are a loss. No one dares water from their well. I sure don't. Just creek water.

Old Greenhorn

Well it's been real hot and muggy for over a week now. Since I threw my back out last Thursday it was pretty easy to just become a bum and let it heal up. Even sitting in a chair I was sweating and sleeping wasn't easy for a few nights. Today it was dang hot too, but better high of 87 or so but less humidity. In the afternoon/evening the breeze picked up and made it more tolerable, until the power went out. That lasted a few hours and I sat outside reading a lumber drying text. The wife whipped up a cold dinner. About 45 minutes ago a line of storms came through and dumped some pretty good rain which is just tapering off now. I suppose that's good because the ground is so hard and dry, if you peed on it, it would just bead up where it landed. ;D
 Hopefully a little cooler tomorrow, I am hoping to get back into working, gently.

thecfarm

I have 60 this morning.

sawguy21

Sunny and hot here, mid 30's celsius (high 90's for most of you). Second crop of hay coming off and corn looks almost ready. I went with my gf to the farmers market yesterday, the mask was DanG uncomfortable in the heat but it is what it is. She is scared of infecting her 92 year old father.
Lots of fruit and vegetables available but I felt prices are exorbitant. 8 bucks for a small basket of cherries? They are almost finished, peaches and apricots are just coming in.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I have 85° at almost 5:30 pm. Been cooling off in the mornings. I have the window open, but I refuse to close it.  ;D  I just grab a blanket and let that 60° air come into the bedroom.

Thank You Sponsors!