iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Bombshell! There was a talk show with a doctor on and he said some clinical trials are showing people over 65 that are getting vaccinated are actually having a higher death rate due to complications from the vaccine. Also findings coming out of Israel are that people that have been vaccinated are developing unusually high bleeding disorders 

Walnut Beast

The doctor also stated do you realize some people peel a banana from from the bottom and not the top 😂.

He has some very interesting information 

21incher

Wife and I got our first  Pfizer shot yesterday  morning.  Both had headaches by the time we got home. Arms were a little  sore and I was a little  tired so I took a couple  hour nap. By last night we were fine with  just a little  tenderness in our arm. Fine this morning with no other side effects.  It was quite the operation  they set up. They administered about 100 shots an hour for 6 hours only to those over 65. Made appointments  for the follow ups after being observed for 15 minutes to be sure no one has allergic reactions. Can't  wait to be with the grandkids again after the second  shot kicks in. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

kantuckid

Quote from: barbender on March 10, 2021, 10:04:16 AM
Kantuckid, is your son flying the Osprey? My BIL works for Bell Helicopter and he used to work on that project up in Amarillo.
PM sent to discuss oldest son.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Claybraker

Georgia is opening up vaccination to 55 and older so I'm eligible starting the 15th next Monday. Now to get on a few waiting lists.

kantuckid

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 10, 2021, 04:45:33 PM
The doctor also stated do you realize some people peel a banana from from the bottom and not the top 😂.

I can easily top that story on the banana. I was a golf caddy from 5th grade through college. One of the caddies I worked with was an adult who in todays world might have been autistic. His name was Donnie and the man was in his 30's & 40's while all the rest of us were teenagers mostly and Donnie had some odd quirks. One was his lunch habits. He'd eat several bananas every day and he ate the WHOLE THING! I kid you not, peeling and all! He also had a can of pork & beans in his grub sack and ate them when he had time. He had a brother who was a member at that country club so he was well provided for at home as it was. When we were stuck in the caddy shack from no job or rain he played solitaire for hours on end. 
On the odd eaters subject- I worked with an adult Vo-Tech business teacher who I'd sit outside and eat supper/lunch with many evenings and we were all into a watermelon one night and she ate the rinds along with the "good stuff". Their are some weird eaters out there folks.  
To avoid going into the gutter I'll avoid comment on the Health Dept talk. 

kantuckid

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 10, 2021, 04:34:43 PM
Bombshell! There was a talk show with a doctor on and he said some clinical trials are showing people over 65 that are getting vaccinated are actually having a higher death rate due to complications from the vaccine. Also findings coming out of Israel are that people that have been vaccinated are developing unusually high bleeding disorders
My #2 shot bothered me a good bit but once I was maybe 36 hours past it I've been quite normal. 
Get the shots people! 

Ianab

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 10, 2021, 04:34:43 PMBombshell! There was a talk show with a doctor on and he said some clinical trials are showing people over 65 that are getting vaccinated are actually having a higher death rate due to complications from the vaccine

That's been reported in Europe as well, but generally with people that are so "frail" that a mild fever (common side effect) could kill them. If they caught Covid-19 or influenza they were very likely to die from that as well. 

So they were recommending not vaccinating the really frail folks, and just relying on giving everyone around them the jab.

The old "Do no harm" thing. If the treatment is just a s risky as the disease, are you really helping the situation?
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Walnut Beast

Quote from: kantuckid on March 10, 2021, 05:21:49 PM
Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 10, 2021, 04:45:33 PM

I can easily top that story on the banana. I was a golf caddy from 5th grade through college. One of the caddies I worked with was an adult who in todays world might have been autistic. His name was Donnie and the man was in his 30's & 40's while all the rest of us were teenagers mostly and Donnie had some odd quirks. One was his lunch habits. He'd eat several bananas every day and he ate the WHOLE THING! I kid you not, peeling and all! He also had a can of pork & beans in his grub sack and ate them when he had time. He had a brother who was a member at that country club so he was well provided for at home as it was. When we were stuck in the caddy shack from no job or rain he played solitaire for hours on end.
On the odd eaters subject- I worked with an adult Vo-Tech business teacher who I'd sit outside and eat supper/lunch with many evenings and we were all into a watermelon one night and she ate the rinds along with the "good stuff". Their are some weird eaters out there folks.  
To avoid going into the gutter I'll avoid comment on the Health Dept talk.
Glad that brought a few memories back! That had me 😂😂 on your story!!

kantuckid

Quote from: Ianab on March 10, 2021, 07:22:36 PM
Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 10, 2021, 04:34:43 PMBombshell! There was a talk show with a doctor on and he said some clinical trials are showing people over 65 that are getting vaccinated are actually having a higher death rate due to complications from the vaccine

That's been reported in Europe as well, but generally with people that are so "frail" that a mild fever (common side effect) could kill them. If they caught Covid-19 or influenza they were very likely to die from that as well.

So they were recommending not vaccinating the really frail folks, and just relying on giving everyone around them the jab.

The old "Do no harm" thing. If the treatment is just a s risky as the disease, are you really helping the situation?
Frail wise ;D, I sawed yesterday until 3:30 then plowed my garden, then fixed tractor back to logging for this a.m., then had a brewski moment... My point isn't to argue over the potential effects of frailty and covid shots- it's to make clear that the #2 shot tore me up for a short while, frailty aside. 
 One of our youngest son's, a 43 yr old who works out and quite active and healthy said the J&J shot made him a bit queasy and very sore arm. 

YellowHammer

I'm curious, are the side effects peculiar to the vaccine, or are they same as if a person had been infected?

Having had both the vaccine and the disease, my experience was that the side effects of the vaccine were exactly like the virus, and once the virus kicked in, the symptoms that I thought were from the vaccine got significantly worse, by 10X, and I developed new ones.  No symptom I had from the vaccine were not also symptoms I had from the disease.  

From the vaccine, I had a sore arm, slight temperature, and a general feeling of tiredness.  

From the disease, the sore arm moved to my entire body with aches and pains in all my joints, especially my back, (I still have that joy, a week after testing negative).  I also had a slight fever, but never very high, but had it for about a week.  I had a feeling of total exhaustion which is odd for me.  I was exhausted walking more than a few feet.  I had a headache, and a cough that lasted for days.  I also had the odd symptoms, such as dead cells on my tongue (Covid Tongue), and partial loss of smell and taste.

What I'm wondering is if peoples reactions to the vaccine would be the same as if they were infected, and if they react badly to the vaccine, they would have reacted 10X more badly (like me) to the disease?  From my experience, the reactions to the vaccine was much less severe than the disease, but were basically the same.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

doc henderson

You are correct.  if the outcomes and symptoms of the vaccine were as bad as the disease, we would not give it.  When I read the post by @Walnut Beast I interpreted it as sarcastic.  I saw the words doctor, talk show, upside down banana eating in the post and felt he was simultaneously discounting what was said.  Of course I do not know the doctors name or the name of the talk show, and I eat my bananas from the stem down.   :)  I did not see a smiley so was not sure, but decided to "let it go".  clotting problems are for certain present in post covid patients for months after the disease.  If a death occurs in proximity to a vaccine, it is investigated but not yet attributed to cause.  I really have not heard of anyone dying "from the vaccine" .  If you are 100 years old, a life insurance policy would cost you more than the face value since the agent has to make commission and the chance of death in the year of the policy is close to 100%.  Even if the vaccine caused some morbidity and mortality, the goal would be to reduce that rate to significantly less than the disease.  maybe WB could clarify if it was an outrageous example of dumb stuff out there, or if he thought it was legit.  use the smileys people.  lol  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

kantuckid

Regarding the school re-opening discussion all over the USA- I saw the other night where younger children have higher morbidity from the seasonal flu than from covid so far. I wonder how they'll gauge what age gets a shot in that vaccine balancing act? other than be observant of covid morbidity in kids? meanwhile schools are opening to some degree.
I was talking work on the phone with a local HS kid this week. I knew they were on a 4 days schedule with one day called virtual. In trying to determine when I could use him until days get longer and schools out, I asked about the Friday schedule. I asked him "if he had his nose in a computer on Friday?" he says, "not really, it's sort of a make-up day and most of us don't do anything". Then throw in the parents who opt to keep them home altogether without any real reason? and you have many home twiddling their collective thumbs IMO. 

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Skip

Got my second Pfizer this A:M, so far so good, wife gets second Moderna Sat.

randy d

Well today my wife and I got our first jab and our second one will be April first  that s got me worried is it really on 4-1-21 or is just April fools joke. Randy

Skip

Went to bed early, maybe a little tired, bit of a chill ,fine this morning no problem  8) .Hope the wife fares as well on sat. after her 2nd.

dgdrls

Took the J&J shot Tuesday early A.M.  by 19:30 I was wiped-out.  I went to bed and had about 15 minutes of cold sweat,  woke-up at 06:00 Wednesday
feeling a little shaky with a mild, dull headache,  took an Ibuprofen and a vitamin water, felt pretty good by lunch.  Back to full speed by Thursday.

Stay safe out there, 

D

Bill

Was fortunate enough to get dose 2 of pfizer last Fri.

Sore arm for about 36 hours and iffen any remember ( I do but was too young so definitely made fun of ) the Geritiol commercials  - that tired and run down feeling - hah note to self -  best not to tempt fate .

And the good news is I still have some memory cells - who the heck remembers 50 - 60 year old commercials . . .    plus back to normal after a couple days .

Curious was I bled a drop after dose 1 but after dose 2 - no bandaid - no blood - figured I was already dead just my mind being a little slow to catch on . I didn't even feel the dose 2 shot - thought maybe it missed me as I could hardly find where a needle might have gone when I got home - leastways till the soreness developed . 

SwampDonkey

Here is the latest roll out for us in New Brunswick. Looks like the earliest for me is in June. I'll just call the pharmacy for an appointment for the first dose.

COVID-19 vaccines
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

My wife gave 35 doses of J&J yesterday at Walmart.  they are out now so none this week, till they get more here in our town.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Skip

Well, we are all topped off on bat juice and looking good ::)  Supposed to be 2 weeks until it gets good and settled in.Hope so .

Claybraker

I'm scheduled for my first Pfizer on Wed the 17th. Looking forward to it, getting out and spending some money. Somebody has to help the struggling Hotels Restaurants Fishing charters, etc.

Don P

My wife got her first shot about a week ago, farmer's market folks were grouped with grocery front line. Interestingly the cashier at Walmart that day had not been vaccinated yet, that ain't right.

This came in for me, if you're in VA this has some contacts;

PRE-REGISTERED AS OF: 2/5/2021
REFERENCE CODE: ------

Hello Don,
This is a weekly reminder from the Virginia Department of Health's COVID Information Center that you are pre-registered for the COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia. You do not need to take any action at this time.
When it is your turn for a vaccination, you will receive an email, phone call or text message from your local health department or a partner provider (such as a hospital, pharmacy, or physician) with information to schedule your appointment.
The country still needs more vaccine supply to be able to get shots in the arms of everyone who wants them. Based on CDC guidelines, Virginia prioritizes those most at risk for exposure to COVID-19 or severe illness if infected. Unfortunately, it may take weeks or longer before everyone currently on the waitlist is able to make an appointment. Although it is not possible to provide an estimated appointment date at this time, we will send you regular reminders that you are on the pre-registration list.
When your appointment becomes available, there will be no charge. State and local agencies will never call, email or text you to ask for your social security number or immigration status in connection with vaccination. Visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine or www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines for additional information, including frequently asked questions and details about vaccine eligibility.
You may also check the list online at any time at vaccinate.virginia.gov using your reference code, email address, or phone number. If you have any questions, you may call 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682) seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Service is available immediately in English and Spanish, with real-time interpreter services available in any of more than 100 languages as needed. TTY users dial 7-1-1.

Peter Drouin

Arm sore some. could not sleep on it, good now. #2 shot 4-8-21 8) 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!