iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kantuckid

Quote from: Southside on November 22, 2021, 09:20:32 AM
That same NYT recently got busted for using mannequins in "mock up" ICU rooms and passing the photos off as genuine.

Alterior motives.
Check out my NYT's recipe in the food section here today. It uses real food not dummies... :D
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

kantuckid

Lot's of both Amish and Mennonites near us and never seen one at a regular doc place but chiropractors-some will use as I've seen. They mix so much with "English" neighbors and people like me they work for as contractors that little doubt they have suffered some. 

As to diet & their health-the activity level of physical work, outside labor, farming and gardens, etc.,  leans in their favor but those bologna sandwiches they'll eat three of each work day and having a 1/2" thick slab of meat in white bread-maybe not so healthy? They flush it down with off-brand Mtn Dew. The Amish crew that did my shop roof this summer chewed backer and one smoked too. I see lots of junk food in their Walmart carts! LOTS! 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

SwampDonkey

I know the neighboring Mennonites here are not getting shots. Neighbor has 5 kids. There's a bunch of stuff going on that ignores public orders. Well, we've had to inform them of the 'circuit breaker' order back a month ago. That's good enough for now. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

They are lucky to have you watching over them
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Paul_H on November 25, 2021, 05:20:59 PM
They are lucky to have you watching over them
They were informed of the 'circuit breaker' order when their intention was to enter the house, plus they had no masks. From that point, we visited with an open door, them out in the yard by their car. But that was the half of it. ;)
Doing my duty as a citizen following the law. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Southside

I hope your last sentence was intended to be sarcasm. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

No it wasn't. The 'circuit breaker' was a provincial order in place with consequences, namely fines. You think you're immune to fines?

Paul_H

The Government appreciates your diligence. Has work been slow?

SwampDonkey

Not sure how my work has much to do with it. I'm sure not profiting from COVID 19. :D

Southside

There is a much higher law than that of some fools who won a popularity contest, and especially of those who sit in an appointed position. 

Just because they say it's right dosen't mean it is. May not always matter, but it sure does now. History is being repeated. 

Molon Labe to any fines when it means disparaging another human simply because I was told to do so. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

I've never done that to anyone. I presented my experience and that there was a public order in place, that's it. But reporting something is up to each ones discretion I would think, especially when their health may be at risk. That puts a heck of a different spin on it. I do not relish catching COVID. I don't feel a speck of shame about it.

Lostinmn

Please fasten your seatbelts and return your tray table to its full upright and locked position. We may experience some slight turbulence... and then explode. (the italics for any other Firefly/Serenity fans  ;D)

World takes action as new variant emerges in southern Africa
World takes action as new variant emerges in southern Africa | AP News

Andries

'Slight turbulence'?
Maybe a bit more like; "here we go again!"
The stock markets are having fits already.
I haven't seen any indicator as to the vaccines being effective against this variant, just that it's highly transmissable. 

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

I have a 10 year old nephew, not jabbed, who had the sniffles at school.  School calls his mother and asks for permission to test him for the Covid.  She approves it, they run a quick test - Laterlal Flow style - and the results are "inconclusive", so the school sends him home and says he has to go have a swab test.  They go and take a swab test, have to wait 48 hours or so, he can't go back to school during this time, results come back negative.  About the time he returns to school my sister gets a call from the health department - they inform her he is recorded as being a postitive case, and she must follow the following protocol.  She informs them that his test was negative, but they insist that the Laterlal Flow tests are accurate and an inconclusive test is considered a positive test.  Nothing you can do to change their mind.  

Just in time for the push to jab kids due to the increase in "cases".  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Parents have booked vaccine appointments for more than 9300 5-11 years olds in New Brunswick. First doses began today.

Booking for booster shots begins today.

New cases and numbers of severe cases continue to impact the unvaccinated the most in New Brunswick (5x times more). Households with infections isolate 14 days, but fully vaccinated can leave the household with a negative PCR test in day 5, followed by one in 10 days to confirm a negative result. Fine of $480 min. for non compliance.

Full text @

First five- to 11-year-olds vaccinated in province

Southside

The new variant was first discovered in four fully "vaccinated" people. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Stephen1

Quote from: Southside on November 26, 2021, 03:54:46 PM
The new variant was first discovered in four fully "vaccinated" people.
And it's the unvaccinated that are causing the variants! I wish someone would explain that to me. 
it seems the variants came out of countries that were 1st involved with testing the vaccines.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Paul_H

Quote"It's a suspicious variant," said Frank Vandenbroucke, health minister in Belgium, which became the first European Union country to announce a case of the variant.

QuoteOmicron's actual risks are not understood. But early evidence suggests an increased risk of reinfection compared with other highly transmissible variants, the WHO said. That means people who contracted COVID-19 and recovered could be subject to catching it again. It could take weeks to know if current vaccines are less effective against it.

Frank and me both think that it's suspicious. Especially when they aren't sure if natural immunity will be effective but it'll be weeks before they know if vaccines are effective against it. As Jim said it was first discovered in four vaccinated individuals

SwampDonkey

No, they found 4 cases in vaccinated people among the cases. Never said the first discovery was made in 4 fully vaccinated. But that still does not make it any better, they still caught the bug.

The vaccinated are getting the Delta to, but case severity have been higher in non vaccinated. Let's just hope vaccination will also reduce severity cases in the new strain. If not we're back at square one. :-\

Stephen1

It could be similiar to the "Flu shot' where it changes each season
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

Or we need a new type of vaccine that does not target one single thing in the virus, but maybe target 6 things, like what Ivermectin does as an antiviral. More targets there are it's a heck of lot easier to kill because the chance of mutations in 6 areas in one generation is pretty slim.

Stephen1

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 26, 2021, 05:37:56 PM
Or we need a new type of vaccine that does not target one single thing in the virus, but maybe target 6 things, like what Ivermectin does as an antiviral. More targets there are it's a heck of lot easier to kill because the chance of mutations in 6 areas in one generation is pretty slim.
And tht there is one of the roubles of the MRNA Vaccine, from what i understand it only targets 1 spike protein and leaves the rest of the team all alone. 

SwampDonkey

The current ones yes, that is my understanding to. Maybe they can make one for 6 as well. Who knows , not I.  I know Pfizer's new antiviral targets one thing compared to Ivermectin's 6 things. ::)

Ianab

The spike protein that the vaccine targets is however the one that allows the virus to attack a cell. If a mutation loses that spike, it's either no longer infectious, or it's not actually a SARS cov 2 virus anymore, and is something totally different. This new variant still has that spike  just something else about it appears to make it more infectious than the Delta, in the same way that Delta was more infectious than the original. Its simply easier to catch, and so more likely to evade your immune system(natural or vaccinated)

Even the new antiviral drugs are targeting a specific protein on the virus, to bind it up and try to stop it replicating.  Imagine sticking corks on the end of the needle the virus is trying to jab you with.  Your immune system makes antibodies that do the same ( naturally and from the vaccine), and the artificial antibody treatments inject you with the same proteins. Once each virus is bound up, your body can flush it out before it causes any problems. Repeat a few million times, and hopefully you get better 

The problem with a "broad spectrum" is it would have to react with multiple different virus combinations, some unknown? AND, more importantly, it can't react badly with the chemical systems that keep you alive. When you are testing one simple reaction it's easier to check, both in theory, and with some lab rats. Each additional component complicates that.

Ivermectin is broad spectrum against parasites because they all have similar internal function. What poisons ticks will probably kill fleas as well. So note that Ivermectin is a poison for bugs and worms, and not very toxic to mammals. So it's a very effective parasite treatment. But cant "poison" a virus. You can destroy it (heat,chemicals, UV light etc), but those dont work internally. Internally something has to chemically bind with virus, and neutralise it.  And that needs some very specific protein molecules.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Southside

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 26, 2021, 05:15:27 PM
No, they found 4 cases in vaccinated people among the cases. Never said the first discovery was made in 4 fully vaccinated. 
I don't know how to link to a Twitter post, but the Botswana Government official office released a press notice on November 25 stating that they found the first four cases in fully "vaccinated" people. The testing was done back on the 7th I believe. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!