iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Penetrating Oils

Started by den, July 25, 2010, 10:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

den

(Rust Reaper who is a long time sponsor of this forum)

I've never been able to find their ad on this site. I see Jeff gave their Web Address, I'll check it out.
Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

Jeff

Um... They sponsor this board you posted this in.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ely

jeff , i dont see their ad either. am i missing it? or is my page maybe not showing it?

Jeff

ohsoloco

WD-40 works great at getting grease and pine sap off of clothes.  I had a pair of denim shorts sitting around for weeks that had a big glob of sap on them after wresting with some white pine.  Soaked the sap with WD-40 and worked on it with a putty knife before running it through the wash.  Didn't get 100% of it (still a little staining), but that hard patch is gone.

SwampDonkey

That's a little dangerous washing clothes with WD-40 or petroleum in your clothes. But a little spot probably isn't all that bad. A laundromat blew up one time here when someone washed his diesel soaked overalls and tossed them later into a dryer that used natural gas. The whole side of the building blew out. No one was at the place waiting at the time. My washer has a warning on it not to dry anything with oils or petrol in them. Boom!
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

4genlgr

:o Jeff you shouldn't hide those adds in such an obvious place ;D

ibseeker

I have not used Rust Reaper but will be giving it a try. Salt water wreaks havoc on a lot of my gear. The problem that I've had WD-40 is that it carries away any protection the metal might have and if that's not replaced, the rust sets right in. I've found a product called Fluid Film that works very well as a protectant and lubricant, it's lanolin based. Has anyone tried SeaFoam Deep Creep?
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

ely

ok jeff, i see the second one while looking thru the site. but that first one you pointed out never shows up on my screen.
i was looking at the column of sponsors when i posted that though.

Jeff

It may just be the way you navigate the forum  If you click on the forestry and logging board, it will take you here:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/board,4.0.html

This is where you see the first picture.

Jeff

Its disturbing to me that you may have over looked the Rust Reaper logo, so I've updated it. Hopefully its more noticeable now. Its bigger and a different color.

ohsoloco

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 01, 2010, 04:29:04 AM
That's a little dangerous washing clothes with WD-40 or petroleum in your clothes. But a little spot probably isn't all that bad. A laundromat blew up one time here when someone washed his diesel soaked overalls and tossed them later into a dryer that used natural gas. The whole side of the building blew out. No one was at the place waiting at the time. My washer has a warning on it not to dry anything with oils or petrol in them. Boom!

I can see where that may be a problem, esp. in a gas dryer.  I don't have a gas dryer, and I hang my clothes out to dry anyway  ;)

ely

i can see them now jeff.  ???

Jeff

All I did was replace the image with a different one. Some reason you were just looking past the old one.

ljmathias

Jeff: I (for one) almost never come in through the front door- I usually just leave whatever thread I've just finished open and come back to it next time I need to... that means I never log off, either, which might make some think I'm always lurking in the shadows when in reality, I'm just mostly lurking in the shadows...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Jeff

The who is on line list only recognizes you if you have clicked on something in the previous 15 minutes. If you are gone longer then that, even though you are logged on, you drop from the list. As soon as you click on something and start a data flow again, you are added back to the list.   Many people think that if they don't "log off"  Their name stays on the list. That isn't the way it works. :)    If you take more then 15 minutes to make a post, your name will be gone until you hit the post button.

ljmathias

Thanks, and I'm baaaaack... as was said in some movie by somebody who made it sound funny...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

mr T

Ive used mystery oil with some sucess Wonder how that compares? Definitely going to try rust reaper Wd 40 also works for starting fluid

PineNut

WD-40 is better as a starting fluid than as a penetrating oil. I will stick with rust reaper for my rusty hardware.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: ljmathias on August 05, 2010, 09:07:27 PM
Thanks, and I'm baaaaack... as was said in some movie by somebody who made it sound funny...

Lj

I believe in the remake of "Cape Fear", when Robert De Nero comes back to taunt Nick Nalte's character and family. Did you know Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck from the first one were also in the remake?

I also believe it was in "Child's Play", when Chucky returns from being mutilated.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

MikeP and Jeff came through with some applicator kits at the roast.

Poor Jeff about put his shoulder out tossing the first two and had to ask Tammy to take over the "treat toss".  ;)

jtbartlett

I switched to Acetone/ATF mix about a year ago. It's about a quarter the cost by volume and works great. I was using a lot of PB Blaster, not anymore. WD-40 is basically Kerosene and fairly useless as a penetrating oil. Good light oil though.

aksawyer

I know about rust reaper thing but when Iam in a bind with nasty broken off bolts or locked up sprocket shives I grap the Kano  Areo-Kroil to keep things working my way.Aksawyer

beenthere

RustReaper has convinced this die-hard Kroil fan to switch. In more ways than one. The RR beats it. ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!