iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fun with a drone feeding cows- another youtube

Started by fishpharmer, January 30, 2015, 03:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandhills

That was pretty neat fish, I could see me doing that  :D.  Some close friends of ours has all the GPS and auto steer in their equiptment, a few Decembers ago they went out on a sidehill by the highway with a disk and wished everyone about a 40 acre "Merry Christmas!".  Thanks for sharing that.

Skidder Kev

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

Ljohnsaw

Was that in California?  You know that's where all the happy cows live!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

r.man

That was a pile of cows. I wonder how they got the drone to stay that steady for 8 minutes?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looks like an arial view of the Sycamore Project.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sandhills

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 30, 2015, 11:41:54 PM
Looks like an arial view of the Sycamore Project.  ;D
Does Julio drive the feed truck?  :D

47sawdust

Dear departed Brother Noble would have loved to see that,''stoopid cows''.For those of you who didn't know him,read some of his posts.He was a wicked funny man.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

fishpharmer

Quote from: r.man on January 30, 2015, 11:14:51 PM
That was a pile of cows. I wonder how they got the drone to stay that steady for 8 minutes?

I think they are using a model that "locks" onto a gps coordinate with a gimbal mounted camera.  Search "DJI Phantom 2 with camera." 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

slider

al glenn

customsawyer

James I am starting to think you have to much time on your hands. Would you like to come stack some lumber? :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!