ebay auction to support our forum. Coca-Cola Logging Litho from Pasbuild!

Started by Jeff, December 30, 2006, 05:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Folks, thanks to Pasbuild's generous donation back to the forum of the litho he won in our Christmas contest, we get to have another auction! 8)  Some of our visitors here before Christmas got to see the real deal and expressed how the photos we have just don't do it justice.  Thanks again Bob for your continued support of the Forestry Forum. Bob has donated several Birdseye Maple clocks in the past for different Forum events.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270074754844

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Reddog

Paschale

Hey Jeff,

That's a beaut!   8)  One question though...where's the coke insignia?  Is there a coke bottle stuck in a drift of snow somewhere?

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

There isn't any coke insignia in the print. Coke put out quite a few forestry related print items about that time, for what I was told to help the war effort. Beneath the frame, on the border of the print is printed:

COPYRIGHT MCMXLIII - THE COCA-COLA COMPANY . . . LITHO  IN U. S. A. BY FORBES

Jeff

I snapped a photo of our copy of the litho that is not as good as the one listed in the auction. The one for auction has crisper edges then the one we kept. I bought them at the same time quite awhile back, back before ebay collectors made the value of such stuff to high to buy anymore. :D

Reddog

Jeff

No... I dint think so. :D   Not sure what I said negative.  All is good. Values and collectability for forestry and logging collectible are up, they keep going up and I don't see them going down, and the one on auction is the best of the two we had. We kept the other, as it isn't for the value, its for the content and it will frame and look just as nice for us as the better one would have.  :)

sandmar

DanG!!!! Somebody wants this boy BAD!!!I will continue to watch!!!

Sandmar

beenthere

sandmar
Someone wants a reason to donate to the FF too. Win win situation.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Reddog

I was kidding Jeff. ;D
Keep bidding folks. It is all for a good cause. ;)

farmerdoug

The action on this auction sure is quiet for the past few days.  Guess that noone has any Christmas money left to spend.  I sure hope who wins the pic has a great place to hang it.  Jeff has sure put alot of things of his own up here for auction himself considering what he does for us. :)

Thanks for the Forum, Jeff.   And all of the Administrators too. 8) 8)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Reddog

Well, I didn't win. Hope it was a forum member. That was a neat print.

Jeff

OK whos the forum member? I dont recognize the email.  Whoever you are, THANK YOU!!

Jeff

I dont think this is a forum member.  I hope I hear from them soon other wise we may get a chance to do this all over again. :)

pasbuild

Wait a minite now dat I know dat this print is real valuable I'm thinkin it would look REAL GOOD on my wall :o.................J/K still get a chuckle outa the first listing and lookin forward to the next one if thats what happens.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Reddog

Quote from: Jeff B on January 09, 2007, 11:21:41 AM
I dont think this is a forum member.  I hope I hear from them soon other wise we may get a chance to do this all over again. :)

Jeff,
I was the next lower bid. I would honor it if that is a way you would go.
Or put it back up and I will bid again. Just let me know.
Wally

Jeff

I'll give them another couple three days to contact me.  Shortly before the auction ended they asked where the coke was in the advertisement. I didnt get the email until the next morning when they also sent a message asking about insurance.  I answered that the print was not listed as a coke advertisement but a coke print and there was no coke actually in the picture.  I never got a reply to those or the invoice, but it could be they are mailing payment, do I'll wait and see,

Jeff

Well Reddog, its looking more and more like we might get to default this to you if thats what you would like to do. I sent another ebay message out asking if the auction had been over-looked as we aint heard a peep this week. I'll give it until Sunday to here back.  :)

Reddog