iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 550 updates?

Started by ButchC, March 09, 2021, 07:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButchC

I bought a 550 early on when they first came out, guessing 10? Years old? I have never been very happy with the way it starts cold or warm. I have read several times about updates but just never did anything with it. Local dealer went out shortly after I bought it and dealer is good distance away and Amish (no phone) Question is will a dealer still update my 10? year old saw? As I said, I have to drive a ways to ask them so asking here first.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Spike60

The saw can be updated, but there's no way for anyone here to say what a particular dealer will or won't do. I'm wondering if an Amish dealer that doesn't have a phone will have a computer and the ability to plug the saw in and do it.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ButchC

Guess I didn't ask the question very well but thanks. Wasn't sure if the saw was still supported in that manner but sounds like it is. Yes the Amish saw shop has equipment to tune and update the saws or they couldn't sell them to the loggers. Lost of different kinds of Amish, these are pretty modern except no phones, and no grid electric.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!