iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Master LM-4

Started by threehorse, May 07, 2021, 08:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threehorse

I'm trying to find someone who has knowledge of the LM-4 Log Master mill and would be willing to help me out . Hoping to find manuals , parts , service and operators manuals . If someone has these I would be more than happy to pay for copies . If someone is willing to contact me I would love to call and speak with you , I have lots of questions .  Thanks for your time.

MSTireman

We just got a LM5 and are in the process of getting a manual from Herman/Ed.  Herman said they were getting me a manual for a LM4. From what I've seen, there's not a lot of info out on the 5's for sure.  If they come through with a manual, I'll be glad to forward you one. Does your mill have the photo setworks?  If so could you post some pics of how it is hooked up?  Mine is missing parts and we are trying to get it back working. Where are you located at?

threehorse

Thank you for responding to my post . I did speak with a man named Ed at the Log Master phone number a few weeks ago and he was going to send me some info . Unfortunately it never came . I'm sure they are really busy and just didn't have time yet so thought I would reach out to fellow members.  My mill which I just got ,  is a LM-4 with the Cat/Perkins 51 hp engine , is mounted on a tri-axel setup with 36 ft rail length . Mill is 40 ft over-all long. It has set outside uncovered for three or four years so needs some TLC . I'm looking for all the info , or where I can find info that I can get and where I might get parts. I desperately need nylatrac chain links for the hose carrier and also wiring schematic . I'm not very good with this computer thing but will try to PM you with my number , hopefully we can talk someday soon. Thanks

tacks Y

I had a LM3, they all seem the same but more up grades and bigger. Search up posts on here and if any questions just ask. The manual I had was not much and went with the mill.  

threehorse

Thanks for the offer to help , much appreciated . I will no doubt take you up on it , just need to get a little more familiar with this mill so that I don't sound like to big an idiot when I ask questions. Till then thank you

Sawyer66

Has anyone had luck getting a manual from Ed or Herman?  I have an older LM4 and looking for a set up manual and a parts manual.

MSTireman

We did get some parts from Herman for our photo sight works but we never did get anything like a parts/operation manual. I'll ask my dad if he's followed up on it. So far the parts I have gotten, I've ordered from Cooks. We've replaced the roller guides and added a magnetic scale.  I can tell you from my experience running our mill blade tension between 4-6k psi.  Feed speed varies greatly with wood species, I was cutting my first pecan and was smoking blades as slow as I could feed, increased feed speed and the smoking stopped.  It didn't make much sense to me but it worked at that moment.  

tacks Y

Quote from: MSTireman on June 26, 2021, 11:37:23 PM
We did get some parts from Herman for our photo sight works but we never did get anything like a parts/operation manual. I'll ask my dad if he's followed up on it. So far the parts I have gotten, I've ordered from Cooks. We've replaced the roller guides and added a magnetic scale.  I can tell you from my experience running our mill blade tension between 4-6k psi.  Feed speed varies greatly with wood species, I was cutting my first pecan and was smoking blades as slow as I could feed, increased feed speed and the smoking stopped.  It didn't make much sense to me but it worked at that moment.  

On my LM3 I had the diesel drip about 3 seconds on both. Are you running the same? My Baker only has one, and I changed it and run felt both sides of the blade ( top and bottom). I do like this better than flinging fuel off. 

MSTireman

We're running diesel and felt on both sides but I never thought about both sides of the blades. We're using both on top 1 drip every 3 seconds and our blades stay very clean. The bottom never seems to gum up. 

Thank You Sponsors!