iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Yesterday we order the pig and the port-a-potties (MEN'S and LADY'S!) so that means it is time to start getting a count for the pigroast :)

The following is text taken from our last rsvp thread. Since then you know how true this can be!!!

I'd like to take a moment and encourage, that this year, if you have been meaning to come, but keep telling yourself " I'll make it next year", Make it this year! No one knows what the future holds, and as I get deeper in this life, I'm beginning to get a fuller understanding of that. We should grasp each moment like it is the last and celebrate it!  Now, on to the details!

Remember this is a family event. We have a pool for the kids and when we know there is going to be a group, we plan activities to include them. So, if ya got em, BRING EM!  :D

You are not required to rsvp to attend, but we sure would appreciate it if you think there is a good chance you are coming to add your number of attendees to our count. This gives us a good idea on what to expect and also gives incentive to others to come. You can always retract if you need to, but you won't  ;) :).

Area Motels

Area Camping

I strongly recommend getting opinions on hotels or motels in the area from us or other members that have come to the pigroast. There are a handful that turn up on those google maps that we will strongly advise against. There are plenty of very good places to stay.

ITINERARY:
Friday, August 6, Set up day, visiting, pig prep, Supper, menu still being planned! Bon fire. Swimming, more visiting!

Saturday, August 7, Pancakes and sausage breakfast at 8 a.m., Pig around noonish, followed by more visiting.

Obligatory covid statement. Tammy and I are fully vaccinated, however we are making ZERO criteria for anyone else. If you want to come. Come. You decide. This is AMERICA~!

Please continue the count in your post. :)
BROKAW FAMILY
Jeff, Tammy, Jeremy, Stacy, Denise, Joe, Sharon, Gene.

One addendum.  This will be the last "annual" pigroast. From now on as we are able, they will be only every other year.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jb616

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

GAB

W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Still a no go for Judy and I, unless da wedding gits cancelled.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Howdy

thecfarm

I noticed the every other year. I know it's takes A LOT of planning and A LOT of time to put all this on.
Enjoy life!!!!  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fat olde elf

Fat Olde Elf makes 24.  My child bride is not happy with the thought of me driving 700 plus miles. I will begin working on that soon. We have almost ran out of relatives living in Michigan, but still a lot of friends. Happy wife,Happy life....It took me 60 years to figure that out.......
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Resonator

Resonator makes 25! 8)

I'm going to make a little music Friday night with the old shiny metal and wood box, smiley_guitarist
and then Saturday we're going do like in 2019 and get an open jam going! Any pickers or players out there want to join in? (PM me if you got music makin' questions ;)). See you then!
bon_fire
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

Well we have had our campsite reservation for a couple of months now, but I missed this new thread starting up. The Wife and I make 27.
(Pat & Tom)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

olcowhand

Katie and I will make it (There goes the neighborhood!), along with our youngest- Stephanie. That makes 32....
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

DbltreeBelgians

Brent and Jill make 34. Had our reservation at Hidden Hills for a while now.

Brent

Stephen1

As of right now our borders are still closed. If the borders open and I haven't started my new house build we will come. 
Right now it is a no.  >:(
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Old Greenhorn

I sure hope they open the border would love to see our friends from the North country be able to make it. I don't think @doc henderson has found this thread yet, or he may be busy. I know he has a campsite reserved right near ours and FFOTS so I assume that as long as he is there they will be coming along also. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

firefighter ontheside

I can't wait to head up there.  The family and I are heading to Branson for 10 days in July.  We will get home from that on Sunday and then I will head to Michigan on Monday.  22 days off in a row total.  Did I say I can't wait?
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

burdman_22

Never been to Michigan before....say a person wanted to get from this pig roast to Peshtigo, WI...how long would that take?

Google says 5 hours and 26 minutes....is that about right?

trapper

Maybe if you dont stop. no road construction and no problem at the bridge.  Most years menominee mich has a parade that can cause a delay that sunday.  What you doing in Peshtigo?  I grew up there.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

burdman_22

doc henderson

planning on being there.  yes lots of distractions at work as we merged with USACS at my hospital and company.  Very distracted and lots more to do than I can fathom.  still planning on camping and spending some time.  my wife may not be able to get that much time off.  I may bring my daughter if she is not working.  I still have about 10 hours of onboarding and admin stuff still to do in my free time.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!