iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Updates for Accuset II

Started by farmerdoug, July 27, 2008, 03:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerdoug

I have received my first update for my Accuset II. 

I have not installed it yet but will this week.  What I am wondering is after you install the SD card you just toss it.  Since it looks just like the card in my camera I am wondering if any of you guys have tried reusing the cards for others uses?  It seems like a waste of a single use of a card. ???
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Tom

would you ever have reason to make that update again?  It might be worth keeping for awhile. I've always wondered if those pograms could be corrupted and how you would back them up.

farmerdoug

Tom,  I agree with your point but if another update comes out in a year or so this one will be outdated.  Just trying to find a better future use than the trash can. :)
Doug
Fargo, MI

Bibbyman

They look to be a standard SanDisk card.  I feel real sure you can use them.  Try putting them in the card reader on the PC and erase the two files that are on them. 

I know my computer will pull up the files in Notepad.  You can look at the long string of meaningless numbers if you want. 

I have a hand full of them from testing.  Sparks and I finally got smart and he just attached a data file to an e-mail and I moved it to a SD card to program the Accuset. 

Oh yea....  On second thought.  It may be a good idea to keep the newest and next to newest memory card.  Just in case you have to reprogram a new board or something or the new logic may have a problem and if you saved the old card,  then you could always go back to that release. I have the newest version in its plastic case taped inside the Accuset compartment.  That's what Sparks told me to do.

BTW,  We've been using the latest test version for a couple of months and it's worked flawless. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Tom

Then it sounds like you aren't applying updates, but rather an updated system.  In that case, I think I would hold onto two generations.  That from a computer operations guy, not a sawyer.  :D

...I'm all for reusing stuff too.  You should see my barn and my truck.  ....on second thought, maybe not.  My wife threatens to "clean them up" now and again.  I circle the wagons.  :D :D

farmerdoug

Bibbyman,  That is a good idea on saving the card in the Accuset comparment.  I will probably have a collection of everyone they send me anyways. :D

Tom, I think we are alot alike. :D
Doug
Fargo, MI

Warren

Hmm...  I just installed my Accuset2 five or six weeks ago.  Didn't notice a slot for an SD card.  But, I wasn't looking for one either.  Where is the SD card slot located ?   

Also, no issue with the Accuset2.  Really like the new display.  Still bit twidling the PID values to get the head up/down movement the way I like it.  But no issues.

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Bibbyman

It's on the inside of the Accuset II panel front plate.  If you remove the Accuset front plate and rotate the board towards you until you can see the bottom edge,  it'd be on the left end.  Likely came from the factory with some tape over it.  Under the tape will be a slot about the size to insert a quarter.

Here is a picture of the logic card.
Sawing since '94

Warren

Bibby,

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully, I will not have to look for it until an update comes out...

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

MartyParsons

Most of the Accuset 2 mills are on C.02 or C.03. Dont panic if you still have B.00 they seem to work ok. They had a small glitch if you were using the up /down drum switch and releasing it to quickly.
If  you down load something on the SD card make sure it is configured to the proper specs.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Bibbyman

Quote from: MartyParsons on July 27, 2008, 08:30:37 PM
Most of the Accuset 2 mills are on C.02 or C.03. Dont panic if you still have B.00 they seem to work ok. They had a small glitch if you were using the up /down drum switch and releasing it to quickly.
If  you down load something on the SD card make sure it is configured to the proper specs.
Marty

I'll second that. 

All of the releases worked real well and maybe worked 100% on many mills.  I think they revised or added something in some of the mid-releases that cased a minor problem once in a while and then maybe not on all mills. 

More the reason to keep an old version of the logic you know you got along fine with.  During testing,  I went back to I think it was B.00 a couple of times.

Apparently the weight and drag of the head has something to do with some of the parameters.  Considering the Accuset runs on standard LT40s with light engines through the LT70 with the big CAT engine and has to work on new mills and mills that have been in service for, what, up to 8 or 9 years,  the good folks at Wood-Mizer has done a wonderful job on the Accuset 2.     
Sawing since '94

backwoods sawyer

I got the new up grade but it did not display on the screen the way the instructions said it would so am waiting until Monday to talk with Rick. It still shows that I am running revision B.03 rather then C.03
As for the card, I will hang onto it for a while. Just incase it has a blip and needs reinstalled.

I like the Accuset 2 a lot better then the old accuset in that it removed the mosfet module, which had a design flaw that allowed it to bake the components rather then remove the heat. After them sending out several boards, I inserted a 1/16" piece of aluminum, which allowed for the heat transfer and never had to change another one.

Having the ability to make a set from any given point is a big plus as well.

Accuset 2 is at least a 10-15 year technical advance over the Accuset.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

MartyParsons

The most common issue with any of the Accuset 1 or Accuset 2 is training the customer to check his connections for Power 12 V. We are finding many issues are related to poor maintenance to battery terminals, fuse blocks and grounds. If your new Accuset 2 has a voltage error there is a connection not doing it's job. I am seeing the nuts loose on the fuse block to be the most common. So if you have not checked your fuse block do so. I have been using the 1/4 nuts that came off the mosfet module and replacing the nylock nuts or double nutting the nuts. Battery terminals are also needed to be tight. If the bolt on the battery terminal is tight before you put it on, replace the terminal and put it as far as it will go down on the post. I am seeing many of the terminals just stuck on the post and not making a good connection. ( Most of these connections issues are found when we up grade to Accuset 2 ) The battery must be of the proper specs and in good condition, so if you put a lawn mower battery in a super mill you will be asking for trouble. If you dont know your battery spec. please give us a call and we can get you the correct spec for you application.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Dave Shepard

I just did the C.03 upgrade on friday, I like how fast I can change the settings now. I keep all the little SD cards in the manual.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DR_Buck

Does the C.03 update fix the "just stopping " problem when sawing in pattern mode?   I'm running the B.03 and every once in a while it just stops going up or down.   I have to switch to manual mode then back to pattern to un-freeze it.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Dave Shepard

I think it was fixed earlier than C.03, I think it was C.01 (?) that fixed it on ours. Haven't had any trouble since that earlier upgrade in April. 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

MartyParsons

Thank You Sponsors!