iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cone log splitter for excavator

Started by jd540b, December 26, 2014, 03:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd540b

Ljohnsaw

No idea but that is pretty neat.  I like the way he picks up the wood to stack it!  If you are making firewood, it seems like it might be more work cutting all the split wood rather then splitting the cut wood :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

jd540b

I was thinking it would be great for oversized wood.  Also, the only firewood i do now is 8' stuff-add some value to do it 8' split then homeowners can cut it whatever length they want...

beenthere

I'd think it would be real hard to get much return on your investment. But maybe you have it figured differently.
If you have the auger tool for your skidsteer or excavator already, then just the spiral head would be all that is invested, I'd think.

Good luck with the idea. Let us know how you have it figured out to make it pay.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

brendonv

I have one on an auger bit for a mini skidsteer.

Instead of paying to dump large residential tree waste, i turn it into a salable product.  Partial splits dry fast, easy to manage, and split.

Fyi i sell log length residential tree waste in 2+ cord loads. I just started using the screw and the customers were happy to get partial split wood.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Ljohnsaw

OK, I see the value now - love all the discussion here, learn something new every day!

Now, if you already have a post hole attachment, seems that making the spiral splitter cone would be a pretty easy fab.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ed_K

Looked at them last summer,$3995. for the small one and $7000. for the big one.Going to have to wait till I can afford a 3d printer  ;D .
Ed K

thecfarm

I saw one of those being demoed at a logging show here in Bangor,ME. They was splitting some big stuff to go into a chipper.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine logger88

Yeah I saw that to it was pretty cool they were splitting some pretty gnarly oak easily!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

timberlinetree

Saw the one in Vt expo. Could have watched it all day but people might say I'm screwy :D
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!