iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This just ain't fair

Started by OneWithWood, March 23, 2013, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Swampdonkey,I saw one too beside the road,wood chunk to the old timers. I was some shocked.I have no idea what that dumb critter is eating now. All snow covered around here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

I haven't seen any yet but the raccoon are moving .I'd imagine with springtime on the rise they too might have something else on there minds that causes them to go stupid and get flattened out on the road .

Danged ground hogs like to tunnel under my wood piles of unsplit firewood which is not a big deal .What was was one genious that decided to tunnel under my raised bed garden .Ha about 300-400 gallons of water from a hose convinced him to dig else where .One treatment did it .

Corley5

My Great, Great Aunt used to cook them up.  Pretty good.  She'd tan the hide and cut it into strips for shoe laces.  Seeing his shadow and predicting six more weeks of winter I've always thought was good for us.  From Feb 2nd we could just as well and sometimes do have another 10 weeks of winter.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

If you have a westerly or south west facing slope, those early ground hogs will come out because their hole gets the warm sun. They like to lay in the spring sun. They'll eat twigs and stuff about like a rabbit until the greens sprout up.

Coons are out here most of the winter, see tracks along the brooks most of winter. Saw a mink the other day traveling along a stream bank.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

You have Eskimo coons ,we have lazy ones .Ours prefer to snore it up when the weather is nasty .

Thank You Sponsors!