iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

recent ice pics

Started by SteveS, December 09, 2002, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

Here are a few pics of some of the ice we had last week. The ice was followed by some high winds which really took a toll on this area. It took 4 or 5 days for them to get all the power back on in town. Most of the folks in the country are still without power.

Jeff

Didnt you guys get smashed with ice just 2 years ago? I seem to remember seeing some pictures of Pine plantations that had all the tops broke out.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Haytrader

Mother nature sure sends a "bad un" every now and then.
You will have trees that will never recover.
Haytrader

Fla._Deadheader

Watched a lot of that stuff on the "tube". Saw a lot of trees that probably went to the landfill or firewood. Shame that has to happen.
  Someone mentioned they wouldn't want to be the power company workers. I did that for 12 years. Ice, snow, heat, it was NOT fun at times. That was in the old days, when ya hadda "Hook" them poles. :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SteveS

Jeff,
 The last time I remeber getting hit real hard was 6 or 7 years ago. That one was more widespread than this one. The high winds really hurt us this time.

Don P

Michelle was down at her Mom's near Charlotte when the storm hit, I was up here trying to bring the house up to mother in law standards. They came up to visit/inspect, a good bit of Charlotte is still down. Our crews got us back up within a day and are still down there.

A real tragedy occured with one of the neighbor's down there. His folks were out of power, so the son bought a generator and took it over and hooked it up inside the sunroom with windows open, pulling the door to between it and the main house. The monoxide got through the cracked door and killed his dad, his mom was on oxygen and is still in critical shape :'(.  Over 300 cases of monoxide poisoning and 2 deaths so far...

Weekend_Sawyer

Yesterday all of the trees had ice halos. Not enough to break many branches but today all the pine trees have a carpet of green needles around them. The roads have been REAL bad in the mornings.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!